Darn Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Icantplayspades

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just about done with content review but I still suck with physics (I'll do practice questions and get a little over half correct- I'm using Nextstep, if that matters). I'm actually doing well with all other areas but I just cannot seem to improve my physics scores- how much trouble am I in?

I'm writing the MCAT August 19th and I'm just so very stressed. I'm staring to take practice exams and do questions packs and I'm wondering how I can improve in physics.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just about done with content review but I still suck with physics (I'll do practice questions and get a little over half correct- I'm using Nextstep, if that matters). I'm actually doing well with all other areas but I just cannot seem to improve my physics scores- how much trouble am I in?

I'm writing the MCAT August 19th and I'm just so very stressed. I'm staring to take practice exams and do questions packs and I'm wondering how I can improve in physics.

Khan academy helped me, but what helped most was I just devoted a whole notebook to condensing physics material. I wrote each equation down, labeling each variable, and memorized them as well as accompanying concepts.

Are you struggling with MCAT math? Leah4sci vids helped me with that area.

Additionally, you should but the Physics question pack from AAMC and do each problem until you're getting them all right.

Fortunately for you you probably won't see a lot of physics on the real thing but you definitely don't want to get them all wrong. You have time to do this believe it or not! Keep working at it.

Is it possible that Nextstep physics is just difficult? I just did a chapter and got about 68% correct, even after going very slowly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Khan academy was really good for content review. Their questions were ridiculously hard and they did not really represent the AAMC question style, but it was good for seeing if you retained content.

I cannot emphasize how useful the aamc question bank (not question pack, which is completely useless) was. They represent the most difficult MCAT passages, so they were really useful.

Hyperphysics was really good, and so was Wikipremed.

I think Nextstep is just difficult- did some other problems and did fine- anyone else found this to be true?

I think Nextstep is just difficult- did some other problems and did fine- anyone else found this to be true?

I did not do next step but third party (non AAMC) questions always seem to be harder. I used a McGraw hill book and got annihilayed by their physics but did pretty well on both AAMC FLs and felt good on the real mcat physics stuff so who knows. Just keep working at it!