Darthmout Secondary - letters of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kidsmd

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if Dartmouth has any specifications for who the letters of recommendation should come from? I looked but all it says is two letters? Has anyone seen anything in addition to that?

Members don't see this ad.

hmm, interesting, didn't notice that before. maybe you should call? I'm just sending one sci and one other (due to a lack of humanities LOR)

Be sure to change all the "Darthmouth's" in your application to "Dartmouth". Microsoft Word could probably do that pretty easily; that might help your application. Rather, that "mighth" help your application.

-Darth Vader;)

Members don't see this ad :)
hahaa... thanks, i keep doing that.... :( ....ergh....but i will be sure to keep it in mind....

I called Dartmouth today to ask if they had any special instructions for grad students....they don't. So basically, use whoever you think is best. They will accept more than two, but "will consider your application complete" when they get two...whatever that implies. I'm sending two letters - one undergrad, one thesis advisor, one lab PI.

i've got an e-mail from them:

Thank you for contacting Dartmouth Medical School. We appreciate your interest in our program.

We do not have a preference regarding the people you choose to write your letters of recommendation. Choose professors or employers who know you well and can comment on your ability to be successful in medical school and as a doctor.

You are welcome to send more than two letters of recommendation. However, we only require two letters.

Lisa Burton
DMS Admissions