Dartmouth Delayed Decision?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Taleof50

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone who interviewed at Dartmouth some time ago receive a letter recently (ie today) saying that they've more or less delayed making a decision on our application because their process is so thorough or some nonsense?

I just wanted to know who else go this and to vent. I think it's really annoying to have interviewed so early in the process (october) and then not receive a rejection, acceptance, or waitlist but receive this letter like 4 months after the interview. I would rather be rejected, ugh.

Just wanted to know who else is in the same boat with DMS???

Members don't see this ad.

I recieved a waitlist from Dartmouth that was postmarked on March 3rd, but the letter was dated January 28th! What is with that?

I just got that same letter today here in Georgia. I interviewed the first week of December and this is the first time I hear back from them. I did some searches on SDN and apparently, a decent amount of people do indeed get accepted in late april. I guess that, with such a small class, they're really careful about who they accept

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I got one of those too. I guess it means what it says: they are still considering us.

I got the letter, and it is just kind of silly. They are drawing this process out way too long - they said I might not hear from them untill May and I interviewed in october as well. You know what, at this point I don't care what they say. I finally want to choose the school I am going to and start planning things for next year.