• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Dartmouth Delayed Decision?

Taleof50

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2004
    Did anyone who interviewed at Dartmouth some time ago receive a letter recently (ie today) saying that they've more or less delayed making a decision on our application because their process is so thorough or some nonsense?

I just wanted to know who else go this and to vent. I think it's really annoying to have interviewed so early in the process (october) and then not receive a rejection, acceptance, or waitlist but receive this letter like 4 months after the interview. I would rather be rejected, ugh.

Just wanted to know who else is in the same boat with DMS???

DMBUGA34

15+ Year Member
    Oct 16, 2003
      I just got that same letter today here in Georgia. I interviewed the first week of December and this is the first time I hear back from them. I did some searches on SDN and apparently, a decent amount of people do indeed get accepted in late april. I guess that, with such a small class, they're really careful about who they accept

About the Ads

prmd4555

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Oct 17, 2003
        I got the letter, and it is just kind of silly. They are drawing this process out way too long - they said I might not hear from them untill May and I interviewed in october as well. You know what, at this point I don't care what they say. I finally want to choose the school I am going to and start planning things for next year.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.