Dartmouth secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

Chankovsky

When it asks you to share something about you with the admissions committee, are you guys leaving it blank or actually writing an essay. I am little perplexed as to what I should share with them.

Members don't see this ad.

blank is bad :thumbdown: it takes time, but you'll think of something. do what i did, open a new word document, save it as dartmouth secondary, then stare at it for a while. if nothing comes, open it tomorrow, and stare at it for a while again. eventually, you're subconscious will get so sick of you doing this that things will start popping in your head to write. also, once you start writing, keep going, it's much easier to go back and edit stuff out than to think of it in the first place. now, if you'll excuse me, i have some staring to do this fine saturday morning.

don't you love how they ask you to share something that isn't in your application, even after you moved mountains to make sure everything was *in* your application?

secondaries = not cool

Members don't see this ad :)
if it helps, I used that dartmouth space to do a little more autobiographical stuff because i used my amcas PS to write a story. if you did the autobio in your amcas, maybe try to convey some of your good attributes through a story, an interesting story that is. if you look at the picture of the dartmouth admissions staff on their website, they look pretty hardcore, sitting at this huge expensive looking table underneath a lot of huge expensive looking paintings.

I never leave that question blank. I usually just expand on some of my ECs (since there wasn't much room in AMCAS for that).

if you dont care about the school you can leave it blank.

For the Dartmouth essay, I just reused an essay from another application.

Florida State has wierd questions, too: Tell us something that you usually don't tell others (paraphrased). What do they want to know?! That I steal?! Answering this question was tricky. Luckily, FSU has six or seven essays. I'm hoping that the others I answered were good enough.