DAT 7/26...good enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

murarkaa

Anisha
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my DAT and heres the break down...

PAT - 20
QR - 20
RC - 18
BIO - 18
GCHEM - 19
OCHEM - 23
TS - 20
AA - 20

I have a 3.6 overall GPA and 3.4 science GPA. I've also been officer of various organization and have 3 years of experience in the dental field. im tryin to apply to dental school without a degree. do I have a good enough chance to get in?!

Members don't see this ad.

i dont wanna be nosy
but how did you do in your prep full lengths eg topscore, achiever....

about your score and gpa: there is one thing i can tell you. "you are more than sum of your numbers"....this is what all dental students tell me when i ask them for my application and my chances of getting in... it is all about you and your scores... first "you" as the student, and then your scores! :cool:

murarkaa said:
I took my DAT and heres the break down...

PAT - 20
QR - 20
RC - 18
BIO - 18
GCHEM - 19
OCHEM - 23
TS - 20
AA - 20

I have a 3.6 overall GPA and 3.4 science GPA. I've also been officer of various organization and have 3 years of experience in the dental field. im tryin to apply to dental school without a degree. do I have a good enough chance to get in?!

[QUOTE='11]first "you" as the student, and then your scores! :cool:[/QUOTE]scratch that, reverse it

[QUOTE='11]i dont wanna be nosy
but how did you do in your prep full lengths eg topscore, achiever....

about your score and gpa: there is one thing i can tell you. "you are more than sum of your numbers"....this is what all dental students tell me when i ask them for my application and my chances of getting in... it is all about you and your scores... first "you" as the student, and then your scores! :cool:[/QUOTE]

The people that told you that are your competitors.

Members don't see this ad :)
hm..no problem in askin!!

here are my full length scores..

Kaplan Final

AA - 18
TS - 15
Bio - 17
GC - 14
OC - 12
RC - 20
QR - 18
PAT - 20

hmm..my kaplan access has expired so i cant really read all my scores..but here is wht i had for part of it...

Practice Test 1
AA - 18
TS - 16
Bio - 16
GC - 16
OC - 16
RC - 18

Practice Test 2
AA - 18
TS - 17
Bio - 17
GC - 19
OC - 14
PAT - 21

Practice Test 3
AA - 17
TS - 17
Bio - 17
GC - 14
OC - 15

Top Score
AA - 18
TS - 18
Bio - 18
GC - 18
OC - 17
QR - 19
RC - 19
PAT - 20

these scores were LOW...but i was able to pull it off for the real thing!! anyways...so do you think my chances are about good for gettin in without a degree?

murarkaa said:
hm..no problem in askin!!
these scores were LOW...but i was able to pull it off for the real thing!! anyways...so do you think my chances are about good for gettin in without a degree?

These are decent scores.. but I think you'll have a heck of a time trying to get into many schools without a degree. How far you away from getting one? are you a junior? A few people HAVE gotten in without bachelors but they had pretty impressive numbers and lots of experience. good luck!

im going to be a junior nxt year...and hopefully i can graduate by Fall of 2007..but thats when I want to be in dental school...

I can tell you that the first thing they look at are your DAT scores and GPA. It's the fastest and easiest way to eliminate people first. Then the admission committee will spend more time looking at your LOR and personal essays. I've been told that by my friend's dad who is on the adcom of a dental school.

do you think my GPA is good enough and my DAT score is good enough to not get overlooked?

Overall GPA: 3.6
Science GPA: 3.4
AA: 20
TS:20
PAT: 20

Sweeti8286 said:
I can tell you that the first thing they look at are your DAT scores and GPA. It's the fastest and easiest way to eliminate people first.

You forgot one of the most annoying and important factors. Your last name, and whether a member of the School's Dean's Circle of Friends $100,000+ donors shares that last name.

As with many things in life, it's often not what you know and how well, but who you know, and how well.

uh...lots of dental schools are private schools. Legacy means a lot at some schools. ever noticed how an entire family of dentists for 3 generations sometimes attended the same dental school. it's not always just coincidence.

djeffreyt said:
As with many things in life, it's often not what you know and how well, but who you know, and how well.

VERY TRUE!!!!