DAT angle ranking question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

archonsbk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just bought Crack the DAT and have been doing questions for 3 degree differences for angle ranking. There are 4 choices (3,4,5, and 6 degree differences). For 3 degree differences, I usually get between 10 and 13 out of 15 questions. I believe that with more practice, it gets better.

For the real test, what is the angle difference? If it is 3 degrees, I think I can handle it, but if it is even smaller than that, I need more practice.

Let me know!

p.s. What do you think about the hole punching, cube counting, TFE, key holes, and pattern folding on Crack the dat compared to the real test?

Members don't see this ad.

You won't see anything less than 3 degrees, some are difficult, like the 3 degree ones, but I would say in general the real test's angle rankings were a little easier than CDP.

For the other sections:

Hole punching: Easier for the most part than CDP, but some odd 1/3 folds.
Cube Counting: Easier than CDP, less cubes/illusions.
TFE: Similar to CDP but somewhat harder.
Key Holes: Harder than CDP, more emphasis on slight size differences.
Pattern Folding: Similar to CDP.

You won't see anything less than 3 degrees, some are difficult, like the 3 degree ones, but I would say in general the real test's angle rankings were a little easier than CDP.

For the other sections:

Hole punching: Easier for the most part than CDP, but some odd 1/3 folds.
Cube Counting: Easier than CDP, less cubes/illusions.
TFE: Similar to CDP but somewhat harder.
Key Holes: Harder than CDP, more emphasis on slight size differences.
Pattern Folding: Similar to CDP.

For Keyholes, would they give us two of the same answer choices in different sizes or would it be one answer choice (that may be too big) and then another answer choice that's the right size but the shape is different than the first.

For Keyholes, would they give us two of the same answer choices in different sizes or would it be one answer choice (that may be too big) and then another answer choice that's the right size but the shape is different than the first.

Usually it's some very small difference that requires critical judgement of dimensions. The overall "shape" of the keyhole may be right, but one of the sides (for example) may be too short or too long.

For some they will give answers that look very similar with subtle differences, or two that look right, just one of them has a dimension slightly off.