DAT Biology HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thejamespark

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on retaking my DAT's sometime in december and was wondering what text's have helped for the biology section of the test?
I have taken the Kaplan course and their biology section is no where near what was really on the exam and just need some assistance on how some of you studied for the exam.

Right now the following books I have acquired are: Cliffs AP Biology Book, Kaplan book, Exam Crackers, Schaums A-Z biology.
Does anyone know if the Princeton MCAT biology would be beneficial??

If you can PLEASE help me with this I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on retaking my DAT's sometime in december and was wondering what text's have helped for the biology section of the test?
I have taken the Kaplan course and their biology section is no where near what was really on the exam and just need some assistance on how some of you studied for the exam.

Right now the following books I have acquired are: Cliffs AP Biology Book, Kaplan book, Exam Crackers, Schaums A-Z biology.
Does anyone know if the Princeton MCAT biology would be beneficial??

If you can PLEASE help me with this I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

How will all these bio books enhance your learning?

Imho, while each book (especially Schaums) is condensed enough to be called a study guide, they all offer essentially the same thing. For example, so far, I've noticed the bio in the DAT gives the same info as I've seen in ExamKrackers (in my local bookstore) with the latter being perhaps a little more voluminous. The only difference, is how each test.

Do yourself a favor and save yourself money and time. Refer to your textbook if you still have one, and really learn the biology material from one or two study guides (if you are too anxious). Good luck!

Yeah I would have to agree with the poster above...don't spread yourself too thin. Stick to 2-3 study guide resources and use your textbook for reference.