DAT Bootcamp price?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ToothJockey

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is the price really $500 now? That's crazy!! The price of Bootcamp is going up faster than the price of Dental schools haha

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Is the price really $500 now? That's crazy!! The price of Bootcamp is going up faster than the price of Dental schools haha

Ya that's insane. I used DATBootcamp and at $497, it's honestly not worth it when there are better resources for every section that are cheaper.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol and this was a thread from just 3 mo ago... Bootcamp price increase?
Now it's ridiculous

I should make my own site :p
Yeah I had to double check when I saw the price. I've been reading some threads on DAT prep as I'm going to be taking my DAT this summer and it seems like Bootcamp was once just $100. Now it's more expensive than the DAT itself lol.

Bootcamp + Destroyer itself is going to cost me a good chunk. I wish I was 5 years earlier to the game.

Ya that's insane. I used DATBootcamp and at $497, it's honestly not worth it when there are better resources for every section that are cheaper.

Do you really think it's wise to skip Bootcamp, even with the high price? I already bought Destroyer + Math, and I might invest in Chad's vids and maybe PATBooster also, but I was planning on having Bootcamp as my central studying source, since it's very comprehensive. $500 is definitely a lot and it made me think twice, but I figure it will be worth it in the long run. The $500 investment now might help me save $100,000 later on if I can get into a state school or school of my choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
The $500 investment now might help me save $100,000 later on if I can get into a state school or school of my choice.
Definitely smart thinking. Just like in that thread I posted, I'd suggest seeing if your pre-dental society can get a 20% discount cause $400 is still a lot better than $500 :)

Reactions: 2 users
Do you really think it's wise to skip Bootcamp, even with the high price? I already bought Destroyer + Math, and I might invest in Chad's vids and maybe PATBooster also, but I was planning on having Bootcamp as my central studying source, since it's very comprehensive. $500 is definitely a lot and it made me think twice, but I figure it will be worth it in the long run. The $500 investment now might help me save $100,000 later on if I can get into a state school or school of my choice.

The thing is you can access the DATBootcamp notes, formula sheets, and strategies for free. You're basically paying $500 for practice tests with questions that won't show up on your DAT. I honestly didn't think it was worth it having taken the DAT myself

Reactions: 1 users
The thing is you can access the DATBootcamp notes, formula sheets, and strategies for free. You're basically paying $500 for practice tests with questions that won't show up on your DAT. I honestly didn't think it was worth it having taken the DAT myself
Yeah that makes sense, but from what I've read people say the practice tests were really valuable for gauging their knowledge and knowing what to work on, and that Bootcamp is as close to the real thing as it gets.

The other option would be taking the practice tests that ADA offers but they are $100 each so it's not really a cheap option either.

Plus almost every DAT breakdown has Bootcamp as their main study tool. I would just feel insecure not using it.

I feel bad for the students coming after me though. It's possible Bootcamp will be $1000+ for them eventually, Ari can set his price because students will shell out the cash anyways. It's kinda like dental schools, as long as students are willing to pay the price will keep increasing.

Yeah that makes sense, but from what I've read people say the practice tests were really valuable for gauging their knowledge and knowing what to work on, and that Bootcamp is as close to the real thing as it gets.

The other option would be taking the practice tests that ADA offers but they are $100 each so it's not really a cheap option either.

Plus almost every DAT breakdown has Bootcamp as their main study tool. I would just feel insecure not using it.

I feel bad for the students coming after me though. It's possible Bootcamp will be $1000+ for them eventually, Ari can set his price because students will shell out the cash anyways. It's kinda like dental schools, as long as students are willing to pay the price will keep increasing.

No that's definitely not true. I took the DAT recently and the DATBootcamp tests weren't representative in my opinion (were harder in the sciences and easier than the real PAT). If you look at every review, they always end up doing better on the real DAT than the bootcamp tests so it's not an accurate tool.

It's definitely useful but definitely not worth spending the new price of $500 just to access their practice tests. I think in the past most people used DATBootcamp because it was the cheapest option in a single resource, but now it's just too expensive. Plus there are better options now, just look at PATBooster it's better than Bootcamp's PAT literally in every single way.

You're way better off sticking to DATDestroyer (get a used copy) + PATBooster ($80) + Chad's videos (Free) which will cost you under $150. You can probably even buy a few ADA practice tests this way and get the most accurate estimate of your score. :)

No that's definitely not true. I took the DAT recently and the DATBootcamp tests weren't representative in my opinion (were harder in the sciences and easier than the real PAT). If you look at every review, they always end up doing better on the real DAT than the bootcamp tests so it's not an accurate tool.

It's definitely useful but definitely not worth spending the new price of $500 just to access their practice tests. I think in the past most people used DATBootcamp because it was the cheapest option in a single resource, but now it's just too expensive. Plus there are better options now, just look at PATBooster it's better than Bootcamp's PAT literally in every single way.

You're way better off sticking to DATDestroyer (get a used copy) + PATBooster ($80) + Chad's videos (Free) which will cost you under $150. You can probably even buy a few ADA practice tests this way and get the most accurate estimate of your score. :)

DAT destroyer is in no way representative on the DAT though? $500 is nothing compared to $2,000 for MCAT

DAT destroyer is in no way representative on the DAT though? $500 is nothing compared to $2,000 for MCAT

Ya I agree Destroyer is definitely not representative of the DAT but it does a good job covering all the concepts in 1500 questions with under $200. Whereas Bootcamp is 5000 questions for $500 which expires in 90 days. Personally, the only section I primarily used Bootcamp for was RC and I got a 17, so it ruined my AA and I regret purchasing Bootcamp to this day

That's ridiculous, totally NOT worth it. I've bought DATBootcamp a few years ago when it was $247 and it was definitely not worth it back then (tests weren't representative and was overly hard). You're better offer studying using DATdestroyer, CracktheDAT and PATBooster at this point.

Ya I agree Destroyer is definitely not representative of the DAT but it does a good job covering all the concepts in 1500 questions with under $200. Whereas Bootcamp is 5000 questions for $500 which expires in 90 days. Personally, the only section I primarily used Bootcamp for was RC and I got a 17, so it ruined my AA and I regret purchasing Bootcamp to this day

i am currently using bootcamp for RC for the practice exams. did you read articles everyday or did you just do the test?

Damn I’m usually the biggest bootcamp shill on this board but this is crazy. I paid $270 (which I thought was a good deal) for it and would absolutely not pay for it at $500.

Is Ari trying to charge the same as Kaplan? That defeats the whole point of bootcamp.

Do you guys have any suggestions to which tests would be closest to the actual DAT today? Better than Bootcamp?
Dat Qvault is great for the math. Very representative at least on my DAT. Not sure about the sciences because I didn’t buy them for that

Edit: I did Qvault for bio too, but it’s hard to say anything is representative with bio because there’s so much that can be tested.

For real? lol. I paid for Bootcamp TWICE in 2018 summer and that only cost me 350 total. Now people are being charged 500 for one session of Bootcamp? This is insane lol.

Not worth getting. You're better off using DATDestroyer and PATbooster at this point. The main reason DATBootcamp became popular in the last 2-3 years was because it was affordable. Now it's outrageously expensive and unaffordable for most people.

$500 is obscene for broke college kids, if I'm being honest. I think money is best spent on the Destroyers and PATBooster for sure.

DAT Bootcamp was much cheaper back when I took the DAT, but knowing what I know now, I’d still pay $500 without a second thought. It was exactly what I needed for my learning style.

Reactions: 3 users