dat bootcamp too easy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gooperwooper

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was doing some of the bootcamp sections and I feel like the questions are really basic. I scored 26 on the bio and 25 on the RC but I barely started studying (I'm writing in 3 months and I started last week). I already paid for a subscription so is dat bootcamp representative of the scores I would get on the actual dat? I don't want to be lulled into a false sense of security.

Members don't see this ad.

I scored a 26 on the first biology test 2 months ago as well, and my test isn't for another month. It's supposed to be something you do close to test date, so I stopped after that first test. Honestly practice test scores don't mean much, and also the explanations for stuff you missed or were unsure of are most important. It's not a destroyer that makes you feel like every question is difficult. It's supposed to be similar to the real DAT but slightly harder. Also remember that there are many versions of the DAT.

I scored a 25 on the biology section on the first exam, but it was actually harder than bootcamp.

If your scoring that high in the beginning then that's a great sign. But make sure you can score like that on all the sections. Save your tests too if your already scoring like that. Just hit the books and see where you are in a month. Try getting DAT Achiever too, that is much harder than anything you will face or practice but it makes you that much better, especially with the sciences.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those are great scores, but don't get caught off guard.

I got a 30 on one of my first Ochem sections, slacked off and got a 19 on the next.

My first PAT test before studying was a 21...3 months later I redid it and got a 21 haha.

I did well on the actual (24AA), but I always kept on my toes.

But no, it's not too easy you are just bright.

Reactions: 1 users
thanks for the advice guys. I'm a bio major so that probably helps immensely haha and I love to read books. Chem is my weakest subject by far so I guess I'll focus more effort into that!