DAT Bootcamp Worth the Updated Price?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Estonax

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum and am planning on taking the DAT in late August. I plan to begin studying in two weeks and was wondering if Bootcamp is still worth getting. It seems like it is raved by many and is a useful studying tool. I planned to get it earlier this year at 247$ but noticed it was only a 90 day subscription and was planning to get it this summer. It is now 497$ and it seems quite expensive.

I have been able to gather materials to use this summer and currently have the 2018 Destroyers, 3rd edition of Cliffs Biology, and Biology notes from Bootcamp and Ferali. I also have a subscription to PATBooster and will be primarily be using it for that section.

Is this enough to do well on the test, or should I purchase Bootcamp. A little about me: I am a sophomore who has just finished taking Organic Chemistry and have taken a few upper level biology courses. All my intros needed for the test were taken my freshman year.

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You CAN do well on the exam using those resources. I can’t guarantee anything because all exams are different, but I did pretty well without using bootcamp. (I did take the free bootcamp practice tests).

I’d also throw into your resources Dr. Romano’s Dynamite Bio review which can be found on the Destroyer Facebook study group page under files. Cliff seemed a bit lacking in detail for my DAT, but the Dynamite bio review notes were great.

Also check out Chads Videos for chem review and practice. I think they’re only like $10 for a 1 month sub.

Here’s my breakdown:

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks you for your reply. I was wondering, coming from DAT destroyer were you unprepared to the format of the DAT questions?
You CAN do well on the exam using those resources. I can’t guarantee anything because all exams are different, but I did pretty well without using bootcamp. (I did take the free bootcamp practice tests).

I’d also throw into your resources Dr. Romano’s Dynamite Bio review which can be found on the Destroyer Facebook study group page under files. Cliff seemed a bit lacking in detail for my DAT, but the Dynamite bio review notes were great.

Also check out Chads Videos for chem review and practice. I think they’re only like $10 for a 1 month sub.

Here’s my breakdown:

My opinion is for you to save your money. Just use the materials listed above (though I’m partial to the dynamite bio review by Dr Romano) and focus on learning the concepts. The DAT will seem easier than his material and therefore you will be prepared for the questions. I had time left over for every section as well so timing wasn’t an issue. Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Absolutely not worth it. Having used it myself, it's good practice but definitely not needed. You're basically paying for a bunch of practice tests that aren't representative to the updated 2019 DAT. The only section you may need DATBootcamp is the PAT but PATBooster blows DATbootcamp's PAT out the water. So you would be wasting $497 buying bootcamp for no reason.

I would recommend sticking to PATBooster + DATDestroyer/Mathdestroyer + Chad's videos +Bootcamp's free biology notes.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks you for your reply. I was wondering, coming from DAT destroyer were you unprepared to the format of the DAT questions?
The format wasn’t really any different except for gen chem questions. For those, the answers are usually in expanded form, so you need to be comfortable expressing your answers like that. For example:

300(.45)/5

Instead of 27... if that makes sense.