2+ Year Member
- Mar 14, 2016
- Status (Visible)
- Dental Student
DAT BREAKDOWN 7/5/16Glad to be done and be able to usher in summer and some relaxation!
I’ll keep this very brief so those of you procrastinating can get back to studying.
If you have any questions, DM me or post in the comments and I’ll do my best to try and get back to you!
- Breadth over depth; relatively easy questions over a large range of topics. For this section, it’s better to know a little about a lot rather than a lot about a little.
Materials: Destroyer 2016 (1.5X), Feralis’ Notes (1X), Russelldw Notes (2X)
Gen Chem: 24
- To be totally honest, this is the score I’m most disappointed in. I had a lot of weird, funky, conceptual ones/application. No exceedingly difficult calculations.
Materials: Destroyer 2016 (1.25X), Chad’s Videos (1X)
- Pretty basic. No confusing reactions.
Materials: Destroyer 2016 (.5X), Chad’s Videos (1X)
- Not bad. Math and logic puzzles. Generally speaking, if you think logically about a problem you can eliminate most of the answers right off the bat.
Materials: Destroyer 2016 (.25X), Math Destroyer 2016 (.5X)
- Nothing too difficult. Some terribly worded questions meant to throw you off, though.
- Apparently I’m just not that great at visualizing things--and the clarity was sub-par.
I took all the Bootcamp practice tests. Didn’t really take the ’07 or ’09 DAT with any thoroughness (flew through the sciences in <30 min).
In my opinion, Bootcamp, Chad, Destroyer are excellent. I really liked Russelldw’s notes; easy to understand and just thorough enough. And Feralis’, well, they’re thorough and well put together. Great resource!
Time spent studying: ~ 2 weeks or so. Yeah, was a long two weeks
S/O To Ari (@Ari Rezaei) , Chad, Dr. Romano and Nancy (@orgoman22) , Feralis (@FeralisExtremum) and Russelldw (@russelldw) —couldn’t have done as well as I did without you all.
Again, if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to expand on anything!