DAT Breakdown 7/5/16 AA: 27

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMikes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
DAT BREAKDOWN 7/5/16
Glad to be done and be able to usher in summer and some relaxation!

I’ll keep this very brief so those of you procrastinating can get back to studying. :eyebrow:

If you have any questions, DM me or post in the comments and I’ll do my best to try and get back to you!

AA: 27

Bio: 26

- Breadth over depth; relatively easy questions over a large range of topics. For this section, it’s better to know a little about a lot rather than a lot about a little.

Materials: Destroyer 2016 (1.5X), Feralis’ Notes (1X), Russelldw Notes (2X)

Gen Chem: 24

- To be totally honest, this is the score I’m most disappointed in. I had a lot of weird, funky, conceptual ones/application. No exceedingly difficult calculations.

Materials: Destroyer 2016 (1.25X), Chad’s Videos (1X)

Organic: 30

- Pretty basic. No confusing reactions.

Materials: Destroyer 2016 (.5X), Chad’s Videos (1X)

QR: 30

- Not bad. Math and logic puzzles. Generally speaking, if you think logically about a problem you can eliminate most of the answers right off the bat.

Materials: Destroyer 2016 (.25X), Math Destroyer 2016 (.5X)

Reading: 25

- Nothing too difficult. Some terribly worded questions meant to throw you off, though.

Perceptual: 21

- Apparently I’m just not that great at visualizing things--and the clarity was sub-par.

Materials: Bootcamp

I took all the Bootcamp practice tests. Didn’t really take the ’07 or ’09 DAT with any thoroughness (flew through the sciences in <30 min).

In my opinion, Bootcamp, Chad, Destroyer are excellent. I really liked Russelldw’s notes; easy to understand and just thorough enough. And Feralis’, well, they’re thorough and well put together. Great resource!

Time spent studying: ~ 2 weeks or so. Yeah, was a long two weeks

S/O To Ari (@Ari Rezaei) , Chad, Dr. Romano and Nancy (@orgoman22) , Feralis (@FeralisExtremum) and Russelldw (@russelldw) —couldn’t have done as well as I did without you all.

Again, if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to expand on anything!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• IMG_2349.JPG
    IMG_2349.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 1,213
Last edited:
Reactions: 21 users
That's what I plan on using combined with BYU4YOU's balanced approach. Glad it works, as it has brought up my practice RC by 3 points.
Other than the practice exams, did you do any review of Destroyer or Chad's quizzes or especially any bio stuff?

Primarily destroyer--I ran through the questions quickly and just brushed up on things I wasn't very familiar with across all subjects.

I only did Chad's immediately after watching the videos. I never returned to them

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds similar to me I guess. Although, a HUGE part of doing well on the DAT really does depend on the questions that the computer pulls from the test bank. I am 100% convinced that indeed pure luck plays a role into getting a better score
We're taking the DAT the same day. And I have a feeling you're right about that lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I posted this in another thread but it definitely applies here as well.

8446584278_6a02287ec0_z.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Sounds similar to me I guess. Although, a HUGE part of doing well on the DAT really does depend on the questions that the computer pulls from the test bank. I am 100% convinced that indeed pure luck plays a role into getting a better score

thats why people who are shooting for 30 in sections try to master that subject... to answer anything that the computer throws at you

He's already feralis 2.0 as far as I'm concerned (maybe better because he only took 2 weeks!). That other dude who said he got a 28 has no evidence (don't see why he can't post it tbh). DMikes is the baws man :D!

Members don't see this ad :)
He's already feralis 2.0 as far as I'm concerned (maybe better because he only took 2 weeks!). That other dude who said he got a 28 has no evidence (don't see why he can't post it tbh). DMikes is the baws man :D!

Worry about yourself bud.

Attachments

• proof.jpg
    proof.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 236
Reactions: 4 users
are you talking about rockstar123 or something? he studied for 2 years lol
I referred to Dmikes as Feralis 2.0. Well I guess zhngbrg really is since the scores are insanely similar and he also got a 28 but Dmikes baws for getting a 27 in 2 weeks ^__^

you're just some kind of a genius. Who studies for a DAT for only 2 weeks and gets a 27? No one, but you.

Reactions: 1 users
You are so smart! Congratulations!
Russelldw Notes, I can't find them anywhere , do I have to buy them?
and what did you mean by 1x 2x or 0.5 x?

You are so smart! Congratulations!
Russelldw Notes, I can't find them anywhere , do I have to buy them?
and what did you mean by 1x 2x or 0.5 x?

Thank you!

You can find @russelldw notes in his breakdown. No need to buy them!

edit: here's the link to his notes https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-AFtN9IXBKyGvhkjakS_sxbyvv6is7yRcVU9Mmh89LQ/edit

By 1X or 2X i was referring to how many times I went through/completed that resource.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
This always pops up. A piece of me always dies when I realize how dumb I am compared to the true geniuses out there.

This always pops up. A piece of me always dies when I realize how dumb I am compared to the true geniuses out there.

When I look at my 21/21 and then other people on SDN I'm like damn. Then there's the people not on SDN and I am highly appreciative of my 21/21. It's not flashy, but other people would kill for it.

Reactions: 3 users
I flew through the bootcamp tests pretty quick, didn't double check my work at all.
I did much better on the real thing!

Bio/GC/OC/RC/QR/PAT/AA
Test 1: 23 22 21 22 20 19 22
Test 2: 18 21 21 21 22 21 21
Test 3: 19 24 24 24 30 20 24
Test 4: 19 23 24 26 23 21 23
Test 5: 23 20 22 22 30 20 23
were these scores the scores that showed up at the end of the test? - the, "you did better than 89.9% of students taking this test"

or the raw scores - as in a 24 in bio would be 38/40 correct