DAT Breakdown 9/8/2016! Finally Done!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2thHurty

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I really enjoyed reading DAT breakdowns so I'm here to finally post mine! HUGE shoutout to @orgoman22 and @Ari Rezaei. The DAT Destroyer was a solid 10/10 and DAT Bootcamp was so on point with my actual DAT! Thank you so much for your resources, I couldn't have done it without you!

BIO: 24
GC: 23
OC: 21

PAT: 21
RC: 22
QR: 27 (?!?!?!)
TS: 23
AA: 23

BIO:
I'm a biology (physiology) major so I've always liked biology and was pretty good with it while studying so I paid the least amount of time studying for this except for light review a couple weeks before. Taking physiology definitely helped and luckily I remembered a lot of information from my biology classes. That being said there were some random questions I had never even seen before where I had to make educated guesses. (No plants!! But too many embryological development questions for my liking :p)

GC: Straightforward. Destroyer and Bootcamp were amazing, made this test feel like a breeze. There were only 2 questions I actually struggled with. Chad's videos were great for this.

OC: This is going to sound bad but I feel like I should have gotten higher in this section :/. I did really well on bootcamp for this section and even reviewed this the most before taking my test. I did think it was harder than any practice ochem test I took but there were a lot of easy, not so specific questions.

PAT: Ok so I wasn't good at this. After taking the first PAT practice test I considered rethinking my career choice. The only way I got better was by slowly practicing every day or every other day with the generators and practice tests. I didn't do ANY PAT my first month so my only regret is not starting earlier as I was struggling with it and stressing hardcore up until this morning. I couldn't be happier with a 21! Keyholes (which was my worst section) and TFE were easier than bootcamp but some were definitely tricky. Everything else felt exactly like a bootcamp test. I got two problems in hole punching that were exactly the same as two others just flipped in a different way.

RC: I panicked. My first passage was very easy. Flew through everything in about 15 minutes so I though that's how the rest of the section was going to be like. The second passage asked some really specific questions so I realized I was wasting time which made me more nervous. By the time I got to the third passage I had like 15 minutes left and it was about the same level of difficulty as the second passage. I had to answer questions based off of previous knowledge but I barely finished this! I for sure thought I got a lot lower.

QR: I'm gonna start by saying I LITERALLY have NO IDEA how this happened. Throughout school I was always so bad at math. This section was a blur and I pretty much ran out of time and had to guess on at least 3 problems. QR was also my second worst section behind PAT so I am at a loss for words for this section. All I can say is Chad's videos and practice with the Math Destroyer were fundamental.

2007 & 2009 scores (Bio/GC/OC/PAT/RC/QR)
07: 21/30/28/20/20/24
09: 25/24/19/22/23/18

Overall happy with my scores and I hope this will offset my less than average GPA :O

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on the scores! I panicked during my RC as well lol, except it was my first passage that was hard. The next two were just s&d :p