DAT Breakdown AA:21 TS: 21 PAT: 25

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stanelz

RDA-->DMD
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im 21 years old, took the DAT on the 21st of April, used the 21st locker, and got an academic average of 21. God is good.

I took the DAT this morning (4/21/16) and here is my breakdown. Ask me anything

BIO: 21
GCHEM: 21
OCHEM: 21
TS:21 (obviously)
QR: 19
RC: 21
PAT: 25!!!

AA: 21
First attempt with a lot of prayer and dedication.

GPA: 3.8, sGPA: 3.7

I know its not high for SDN standards lol but I am definitely happy.
Funny thing is that the section I struggled with the most in the beginning of my study was PAT.

Disclaimer: I took the MCAT twice which helped me a lot for RC, mildly for Gchem/BIO. Didn't help that much for ochem or anything else.

I studied in total 6 months. 3 months casually and 3 months intensely while working a full time job as a scribe. I studied even on days I was sleep deprived or after 10-12 hour shifts. I even brought notecards to work every day just in case I had a second. The difference between average and above average is discipline

Materials Used:
1. DAT Bootcamp (Worth ten times more than it costs)
2. Crack the DAT PAT
3. DAT Destroyer
4. Math Destroyer
5. Feralis Notes
6. Chads Videos
7. 2009 ADA Dat (Found it free online) Scored 21 AA/22 PAT with answer key corrections.

BIO: I went through the entirety of Feralis notes and note carded the whole thing 1000+ notecards (of things I didn't know already as a Bio Major).
Used Bio Destroyer to destroy myself, reviewed, and then used DAT Bootcamp to fill in all holes and estimate my score.

GCHEM: I have always been pretty decent at gchem so I didn't study for this as much as other sciences but I used DAT destroyer and Dat Bootcamp.

OCHEM: DAT Destroyer was my Bible and honestly it is all you need because if you can get through that maybe 2-3 times you are golden. Mix that with DAT Bootcamp and notecard rxns you don't know.

QR: Easily my most difficult section and I never scored above 18 on DAT bootcamp and nearly ran out of time on the real thing. Math destroyer is excessive but necessary if you struggle like me.

RC: Barely studied for this thing because RC is child's play compared to the Verbal on the MCAT. If I had invested a little more time I think I could have gotten much higher but hey..no regrets!

PAT: Struggled with this for weeks. The single best resource for this is DAT Bootcamp because of the generators. I struggled so much with angles at first but after doing the generator for 20 minutes a day (at least) for two months I was solid. CDP also helps a lot. PAT is far easier on the real exam than both Bootcamp and CDP. If you struggle with PAT you must get Bootcamp because those generators will change your life haha. On angles my favorite technique was the laptop technique where you imagine looking at the screen to see which one you can see better, I guess it worked because I am a scribe and I have to look at computer screen from weird angles when I am against a wall. Also the tether ball technique is excellent.

CDP Scores: 14, 17, 17, 18, 21, 18, 19, 19, 20, 22
Bootcamp average full length score: 20

Chad's Videos: Treated them like lecture. Took out my notebook and paper and took notes just like school.
Chads videos are necessary if you need to go back to the basics because he lecture extremely well as if you were not a science major in college.

Here's a picture of my score report:
Scan.jpeg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Hello everyone. Im 21 years old, took the DAT on the 21st of April, used the 21st locker, and got an academic average of 21. God is good.

Funny thing is that the section I struggled with the most in the beginning on my study was PAT.

Disclaimer: I took the MCAT twice which helped me a lot for RC, mildly for Gchem/BIO. Didn't help that much for ochem or anything else.

I studied in total 6 months. 3 months casually and 3 months intensely while working a full time job as a scribe. I studied even on days I was sleep deprived or after 10-12 hour shifts. I even brought notecards to work every day just in case I had a second. The difference between average and above average is discipline

Materials Used:
2. Crack the DAT PAT
3. DAT Destroyer
4. Math Destroyer
5. Feralis Notes
6. Chads Videos
7. 2009 ADA Dat (Found it free online) Scored 21 AA/22 PAT with answer key corrections.

BIO: I went through the entirety of Feralis notes and note carded the whole thing 1000+ notecards (of things I didn't know already as a Bio Major).
Used Bio Destroyer to destroy myself, reviewed, and then used DAT Bootcamp to fill in all holes and estimate my score.

GCHEM: I have always been pretty decent at gchem so I didn't study for this as much as other sciences but I used DAT destroyer and Dat Bootcamp.

OCHEM: DAT Destroyer was my Bible and honestly it is all you need because if you can get through that maybe 2-3 times you are golden. Mix that with DAT Bootcamp and notecard runs you don't know.

QR: Easily my most difficult section and I never scored above 18 on DAT bootcamp and nearly ran out of time on the real thing. Math destroyer is excessive but necessary if you struggle like me.

RC: Barely studied for this thing because RC is child's play compared to the Verbal on the MCAT. If I had invested a little more time I think I could have gotten much higher but hey..no regrets!

PAT: Struggled with this for weeks. The single best resource for this is DAT Bootcamp because of the generators. I struggled so much with angles at first but after doing the generator for 20 minutes a day (at least) for two months I was solid. CDP also helps a lot. PAT is far easier on the real exam than both Bootcamp and CDP. If you struggle with PAT you must get Bootcamp because those generators will change your life haha. On angles my favorite technique was the laptop technique where you imagine looking at the screen to see which one you can see better, I guess it worked because I am a scribe and I have to look at computer screen from weird angles when I am against a wall. Also the tether ball technique is excellent.

Chad's Videos: Treated them like lecture. Took out my notebook and paper and took notes just like school.
Chads videos are necessary if you need to go back to the basics because he lecture extremely well as if you were not a science major in college.

View attachment 202676

Congratulations Mr. Stanely!

Job well done and DAT Beast Destroyed again. Your scores are excellent and you should be very proud. Dental schools love consistent scores and with "21" you did just that. Don't worry about the Math, it's the least a looked at section and the most difficult for a lot of students. Take the 19 and run. Your hard work paid off! Great job in the PAT, you took your weakness and made it a strength...

Thanks for taking the time to outline your study approach, it will help a lot of students still studying. I am glad you found the DAT Destroyer help..and I agree with your statement.."God is Good"

Wishing you the best..

Nancy and Dr. Jim Romano

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Nice scores and a solid GPA.
Well done. Now maybe you should try your luck at the black jack table :D

Reactions: 1 users

Funny thing is that the section I struggled with the most in the beginning of my study was PAT.

Materials Used:
2. Crack the DAT PAT
3. DAT Destroyer
4. Math Destroyer
5. Feralis Notes
6. Chads Videos

OCHEM: DAT Destroyer was my Bible and honestly it is all you need because if you can get through that maybe 2-3 times you are golden. Mix that with DAT Bootcamp and notecard rxns you don't know.

View attachment 202676
Congratulations. Good job.

Sent from my SM-N920T using SDN mobile

Thank you for your breakdown.

How helpful is CRACK DAT PAT? Also, what edition did you get, Ace, King, or Royal Flush edition? Was it similar to real DAT? Since I am taking DAT in next January, I want to go ahead and start preparing for PAT now! Is it good for beginners?

I am also studying for 6 months before DAT. How was studying for 6 months?