DAT Breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jws95

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just took the DAT today (7/12/16) and figured I would post a thread about my breakdown since I read multiple of these to help/encourage me while studying!

Breakdown:

PAT: 21
QR: 22
RC: 23
BIO: 30
GC: 22
OC: 25
TS: 25
AA: 24

Materials Used:
KBB (2/5)
DAT Destroyer (9/10)
Math Destroyer (10/10)
Bootcamp (10/10)
DAT Genius (10/10)
Feralis Notes (10/10)

PAT (Actual: 21, Bootcamp Avg: 19)
I would say that this section is on par with bootcamp. I had a lot of rock type keyholes which are my weak spot. Cube counting and hole punching were easier than bootcamp.

QR (Actual: 22, Bootcamp Avg: 19)
Bootcamp QR was slightly more difficult than the actual; however, there were a couple of questions that threw me off! Definitely more "gimme" type questions that are just plug and chug. Math destroyer is also great for getting these more difficult problems.

RC (Actual: 23, Bootcamp Avg: 24)
I only did 2 bootcamp tests for this section because I felt pretty comfortable but make sure you find a strategy that works for you! I switched strategies in the middle of test and I would not recommend doing this. Reading is on par with bootcamp for the most part.

BIO (Actual: 30, Bootcamp Avg: 20)
This is the score that shocked me the most! I was consistently getting 20/21 on BC and making dumb mistakes across the board, so I was hoping for a 20. I honestly feel like my BIO was harder than BC so I'm not sure how I pulled this off. Destroyer is great for learning all of the random concepts that are in this section and bootcamp for solidifying the material. I only used feralis as a reference for my weak spots, but going through the whole thing would be beneficial! KBB was decent in biology, but should not be used for anything else.

GC (Actual: 22, Bootcamp Avg: 22)
I was hoping to do better in this section but still happy with my scores! On par with bootcamp. Destroyer is definitely more difficult but will help with calculations. My exam was mainly theoretical stuff and only ~5-7 calculations in it.

OC (Actual: 25, Bootcamp Avg: 20)
When I first started studying I was consistently getting 16's in this sections because its been 2 years since I've taken orgo, but keep at it. Destroyer roadmaps are important and make sure you know your o/p vs meta directors!

I was really nervous going into this test, but make sure you BREATHE and relax because freaking out won't help. Take breaks/days off while studying (something that I wish I did) because by the end you will completely lose your desire to study. Let me know if you guys have any questions!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• DAT Score.jpg
    DAT Score.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! I went through destroyer 1.5x , did all the PAT BC tests, all BC Science tests (some twice) and only the Science portion of genius!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user