DAT completed today..advice??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mm00050

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post although i have browsed the forums for quite some time without ever posting. i don't know if its improper etiquette to have the first post be a new thread, but sorry if it is. I took the DAT today and received the following scores

Bio - 21
GChem - 26
OChem - 20
PAT - 20
RC - 24
QR - 20
Sciences - 21
AA - 22

My GPA is 3.97 overall, 4.0 sciences. What dental schools would I have a realistic shot at? I am just beginning to look into applying to dental schools and have sent out my DAT scores to Temple, Pitt, UPenn, Maryland and NYU so far. Thanks and if anyone wants some advice as far as preparation for the DAT id be more than willing to help. I used Kaplan Blue Book, Princeton Review Hyperlearning Biological Sciences, Crack Dat Pat, and Topscore, all of which I would highly recommend

Members don't see this ad.

Is one of your science scores reported wrong? Your average doesn't add up correctly? Just wondering. Great scores though! Congrats!

Hi, this is my first post although i have browsed the forums for quite some time without ever posting. i don't know if its improper etiquette to have the first post be a new thread, but sorry if it is. I took the DAT today and received the following scores

Bio - 21
GChem - 26
OChem - 20
PAT - 20
RC - 24
QR - 20
Sciences - 21
AA - 22

My GPA is 3.97 overall, 4.0 sciences. What dental schools would I have a realistic shot at? I am just beginning to look into applying to dental schools and have sent out my DAT scores to Temple, Pitt, UPenn, Maryland and NYU so far. Thanks and if anyone wants some advice as far as preparation for the DAT id be more than willing to help. I used Kaplan Blue Book, Princeton Review Hyperlearning Biological Sciences, Crack Dat Pat, and Topscore, all of which I would highly recommend

You my friend have a realistic shot at every dental school in this country. I would start by applying to our most competitive schools like Harvard, StonyBrook, and Columbia.

Don't want to be rude... But if you aren't trolling..... How are you so clueless yet have high GPA and DAT scores....?

Assuming you aren't playing dumb, you have great shots at most schools!

Members don't see this ad :)
they're all correct...i guess the 20 for orgo was what lowered my total science score?? not really sure..

Congrats! Those scores are amazing

I have the Princeton Review book but haven't even opened it yet, to busy with other resources.. anyway is there anything in particular I should look at in that book? From skimming over it the bio section looks really in depth and I only have about a week and a half left.

to sleepyhead:

i didn't say i was clueless, was just interested in hearing some feedback that's all...sorry :confused: but thanks nonetheless!

u
Congrats! Those scores are amazing

I have the Princeton Review book but haven't even opened it yet, to busy with other resources.. anyway is there anything in particular I should look at in that book? From skimming over it the bio section looks really in depth and I only have about a week and a half left.

um..how strong are you in bio? have you been doing well in bio sections on your practice tests? the bio section in the princeton review book is dense like you said but i thought it was very very helpful. the orgo section has a lot of great practice problems and a few pages in the back with all of the key reactions

how did you prep for gchem?
g chem was the section i spent the least time studying for...i read through the g chem section in kaplan blue book, did all of the practice problems there. then took the two kaplan practice tests and made sure i understood all the gchem questions. then did the same with the three topscore tests..also did the 20 or so gchem practice questions from the topscore study guide that comes with the topscore cd-rom. hope that helps

Only have taken one topscore and got 19 on bio would like to get that up. I have noticed with Cliffs and Kaplan they both have their strong points with bio, what parts of the bio was most helpful for you for the princeton review book? Thanks for the head up on the orgo problems ill check those out..

ya my advice is to apply next cycle... it's too late for this year you might as well wait until the next. in the mean time i would study for a retake, those three 20s you got will really kill your chances at any school

ya my advice is to apply next cycle... it's too late for this year you might as well wait until the next. in the mean time i would study for a retake, those three 20s you got will really kill your chances at any school
:rofl:
love your sense of humor!

its only august....hows it too late?

i don't know what's been up with dat scoring lately... someone on here the other day had the same science scores as i did except one point higher in gchem, and got a ts score a whole point lower than me! what are they doing differently?

i don't know what's been up with dat scoring lately... someone on here the other day had the same science scores as i did except one point higher in gchem, and got a ts score a whole point lower than me! what are they doing differently?

I know that your AA is based off of an average of 5 scores but your science is based off of how many questions you get wrong which means Bio is waited more heavely since there are 40 questions. This may play a role in fluctuation of TS score. If that makes sense??

ANYWAYS... AWSOME JOB to the OP!! congrats!!