DAT destoryer ORGO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

speedkdy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how's the sperate orgo book from DAT destroyer?
I need to work on orgo section and I'm looking for orgo books to start with.
worth money purchasing orgo book from DAT destroyer?

Members don't see this ad.

I have used Organic Chemistry Odyssey extensively for organic and it is a good book. Just make sure you have a lot of time to use it...but most importantly you have to have enough heart to make it through. The first month I spent with that book was rough, and didn't do a lot for my self-confidence (and I was a near 4.0 student in ochem, although it was many years ago). Take it from someone who has used it for an extended amount of time....the book is really really good!!! Do a search...and you won't find anything like it.

Although...I would recommend a quick boot camp before hitting that book (for reactions only). Here is a good website.

http://www.chemistry.ohio-state.edu/organic/flashcards/

Ye, this book is definitely worth the money. I've been using other things to study as well such as Top Score and Achiever but so far the best and the most comprehensive has been the Destroyer. It's not going to be a breeze to go through and its going to take a lot of time, but if you're willing to put it in, then it will pay off at the end. I haven't taken the DAT yet but this has been great prep so far - so wish me good luck too!

Good luck!:D

ye i agree... get the destroyer, dont feel bad when you first start off with it, its not joke.. but the only way to get better with this stuff is to go through the hard stuff then youll feel well prepared for the dat... i did the top score first, but i think that stuff is pretty simple, move on to the achiever, but once you feel like you know your stuff... DIG IN to the destoryer.. dont listen to these people who says its a lot of hype, cause who knows if they just cant face a challange.. stick through it- time and patience is the key... good luck with your studies.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

p.s. you can get the destroyer from orgoman.com

Members don't see this ad :)
My comments were about ORGANIC CHEMISTRY ODYSSEY not destroyer.

I have used Organic Chemistry Odyssey extensively for organic and it is a good book. Just make sure you have a lot of time to use it...but most importantly you have to have enough heart to make it through. The first month I spent with that book was rough, and didn't do a lot for my self-confidence (and I was a near 4.0 student in ochem, although it was many years ago). Take it from someone who has used it for an extended amount of time....the book is really really good!!! Do a search...and you won't find anything like it.

Although...I would recommend a quick boot camp before hitting that book (for reactions only). Here is a good website.

http://www.chemistry.ohio-state.edu/organic/flashcards/

it has been several years since I had orgo 1/2... I was very, very rusty when I started studying. I have been using this Ohio State flashcard site... works great for me. I've actually taken lots of screen captures and made pdf files so that I can print for offline studying.

I feel you...I took orgo III (quarter system) fall of 2003!!! Yeah...that was ages ago. What I did was put most of those reactions onto 4x6 note cards (you can fit about 8-10 reactions per card), and drilled those for about 2 weeks. Doing those reactions and actively doing as many problems as I could digest really worked well. Most of the orgo came back within a two week period. Once I made it through Odyssey....I actually ended up learning way more organic chemistry than when I took the course...kinda weird how things turn out.