DAT Destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Baryjt01

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am writing this in response to anyone looking for study material. I took my DAT on May 30th and did what I would consider pretty darn good. I would have to say contrary to popular belief DAT destroyer was useless. I order the book went through all the problems and felt as if i learned absolutely nothing from it. 90% of my learning came from DAT boot camp. The other 10% came from Kaplan. However, the real reason I am writing this is to say I 110% DO NOT recommend anyone buying materials from this guy. He is very rude and mean to the students that are buying his materials. If you join his Facebook group and ask any type of question that he doesn't like or doesn't want to answer he will do his best to embarrass and humiliate you in front of everyone in the group. Below I have posted pictures of a private message he responded to from a student that was thanking him and asking a question. I also have many more examples that could be provided very easily.

IMG_7505 (1).jpg
IMG_7504 (1).jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
That's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to him. I know several students at Columbia where Dr. Romano has the reputation of being a complete nutjob. He's contacted dental schools to have students harassed (Ari, Feralis, Tyjacobs) because he felt like they threatened his business, he's made racist comments about other students, he's attacked students online, etc. The guy has some serious issues. His materials are widely used only because he pays students taking his course to give him questions and answers directly from the test, which he then recycles into the Destroyer. I took his course and his teaching style was close to useless, the real value came from the "direct hits" (his term for the questions/answers given to him from the test) that he regurgitates for you.

The breakdown was probably deleted for mentioning Bootcamp which Dr. Romano has a lot of hostility towards since they cut into his business.

Like most threads criticizing Destroyer this one will probably get deleted too since Dr. Romano is an SDN exhibitor.

Reactions: 6 users
That's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to him. I know several students at Columbia where Dr. Romano has the reputation of being a complete nutjob. He's contacted dental schools to have students harassed (Ari, Feralis, Tyjacobs) because he felt like they threatened his business, he's made racist comments about other students, he's attacked students online, etc. The guy has some serious issues. His materials are widely used only because he pays students taking his course to give him questions and answers directly from the test, which he then recycles into the Destroyer. I took his course and his teaching style was close to useless, the real value came from the "direct hits" (his term for the questions/answers given to him from the test) that he regurgitates for you.

The breakdown was probably deleted for mentioning Bootcamp which Dr. Romano has a lot of hostility towards since they cut into his business.

Like most threads criticizing Destroyer this one will probably get deleted too since Dr. Romano is an SDN exhibitor.
Well hopefully enough people see this before that happens then. No one deserves to waste their money like that then be harrassed and humiliated like he does

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the DAT last year very unprepared, but I did get through a large portion of DAT destroyer and I am confident in saying that unless you have the time, it is not worth going through. I'm sure one could argue that it helps to solidify your understanding, but we aren't trying to learn organic chemistry for a class, it is for a test that is rather predictable in the style of questions you can expect. DATbootcamp is by far the best tool and you can supplement what you thing you are lacking with whatever you want. A very similar situation happened with a friend who tried to reach out to this man, he basically told her to buzz off in a very unprofessional manner.

On one hand, it would be a little obnoxious to have a lot of people sending you question via Facebook, but my God this man is raking it in with these books. Not to mention how little time they probably take to create. He should be a little more humble towards the students that are dishing out hundreds of dollars for his material. If anyone feels the need to buy DATdestroyer, buy used if possible.

Could be photoshopped? Pretty funny though lol.

I wouldn't say destroyer is useless at all. I've been using it and it has helped me so much solidly concepts. You might not like the guy, but saying destroyer is useless just isn't true. I follow his videos on facebook and he's a pretty funny guy.

Last edited:
This is not the place to destroy a man's reputation, no punt intended.

Reactions: 2 users
While you may be right about his personality, you are wrong about him paying people for answers. I took his course and he is honestly the best teacher I have ever had. His students do well because they are well taught and not because he gives you answers. His personality is not an easy one to deal with and OP is not wrong for saying he was nasty to him, but do not say something thats not true when you do not know what you are talking about.

I took the DAT last year very unprepared, but I did get through a large portion of DAT destroyer and I am confident in saying that unless you have the time, it is not worth going through. I'm sure one could argue that it helps to solidify your understanding, but we aren't trying to learn organic chemistry for a class, it is for a test that is rather predictable in the style of questions you can expect. DATbootcamp is by far the best tool and you can supplement what you thing you are lacking with whatever you want. A very similar situation happened with a friend who tried to reach out to this man, he basically told her to buzz off in a very unprofessional manner.

On one hand, it would be a little obnoxious to have a lot of people sending you question via Facebook, but my God this man is raking it in with these books. Not to mention how little time they probably take to create. He should be a little more humble towards the students that are dishing out hundreds of dollars for his material. If anyone feels the need to buy DATdestroyer, buy used if possible.
Would you say 6 weeks is enough time to use the DAT destroyer? I just took Ochem, bio and genetics so those subjects are pretty fresh. I plan on spending two weeks reviewing gen chem and bio (6 hours a day, 6 days a week) then starting on DAT destroyer/math destroyer.

You took the time to thank him for his notes and resources, posted your breakdown on his page, and yet you are telling us you thought his material was useless? Sure, he sounds like a dick, but people are trying to successfully take the DAT. Don’t defame his stuff because he hurt your feelings. Now if you truly feel his style and resources weren’t helpful, that’s a different story. But as someone who only used the Destroyer and got 20/20/21 I’d have to disagree. Not that I killed it by any means.

Positive time: He’s a dick and you did great on you DAT. You’ll get into a great dental school and be successful. He’ll still be a dick. Just move on.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't care about his personality. I don't give a damn about his sometimes unwarranted rudeness. He has the best materials out there.
He is New Yorker and most new yorkers are like this.
He is just fed up with many people who stole his hard work, started their own companies and then started attacking him behind the scenes.

So yeah, say what you might about him, he is rude and I don't particularly like him that much, but he has the best materials out there and his heart is in the right place!

Just his free BIO notes are gold and destroyer is amazing and very reasonably priced.'

I will forever be thankful for his materials!

and just so that we are clear, no I am grateful for other resources as well!

No one should be naive enough to depend on one resource only!

and also why the heck this attack on someone is still in this reputable forum, I once freaking posted a topic about sharing confession to lighten the mood a bit and the moderator hurried to delete it after 1 second from posting it, she said this place is for professional purposes only!

Last edited:
I don't care about his personality. I don't give a damn about his sometimes unwarranted rudeness. He has the best materials out there.
He is New Yorker and most new yorkers are like this.
He is just fed up with many people who stole his hard work, started their own companies and then started attacking him behind the scenes.

So yeah, say what you might about him, he is rude and I don't particularly like him that much, but he has the best materials out there and his heart is in the right place!

Just his free BIO notes are gold and destroyer is amazing and very reasonably priced.'

I will forever be thankful for his materials!

and just so that we are clear, no I am grateful for other resources as well!

No one should be naive enough to depend on one resource only!

and also why the heck this attack on someone is still in this reputable forum, I once freaking posted a topic about sharing confession to lighten the mood a bit and the moderator hurried to delete it after 1 second from posting it, she said this place is for professional purposes only!
SDN wasn’t always like that. She became a mod fairly recently and is slowly ruining the site imo.

cmon ppl this is not absolutely the right way to get things done!

You took the time to thank him for his notes and resources, posted your breakdown on his page, and yet you are telling us you thought his material was useless? Sure, he sounds like a dick, but people are trying to successfully take the DAT. Don’t defame his stuff because he hurt your feelings. Now if you truly feel his style and resources weren’t helpful, that’s a different story. But as someone who only used the Destroyer and got 20/20/21 I’d have to disagree. Not that I killed it by any means.

Positive time: He’s a dick and you did great on you DAT. You’ll get into a great dental school and be successful. He’ll still be a dick. Just move on.
Listen to what this guy said! I'll do the same!

I'm pretty sure Ari had the Destroyer in his study schedule a while back. Not so sure if he does anymore, but there's no doubt Ari got him a ton of business. I only bought Destroyer at his recommendation.

Personally I used Bootcamp far more than Destroyer but I know people who have had success with Destroyer. To each his own

I'm pretty sure Ari had the Destroyer in his study schedule a while back. Not so sure if he does anymore, but there's no doubt Ari got him a ton of business. I only bought Destroyer at his recommendation.

Personally I used Bootcamp far more than Destroyer but I know people who have had success with Destroyer. To each his own
Ari's 2019 10 week schedule still includes Destroyer as a supplemental resource.

When I took it the BC schedule had destroyed in it too. That was shortly before they raised he price to a ridiculous $500.

When I took it the BC schedule had destroyed in it too. That was shortly before they raised he price to a ridiculous $500.
I think it's a reasonable price given how effective it is. Plus it has gotten numerous upgrades since its early days.

I’m just so glad I took it once and when everything was cheaper