DAT DONE BIG SCORES- thanks DR J!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

210spring

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well the test went really well!! here are my scores:
PAT 20
GC 29 :)
OC 29 :)
BIO 21
QR 23
RC 20
Science total 24
Academic avg 24

ADVICE- USE THE BATHROOM BREAK! My eyes were bugging out after the angle ranking (angles are soooo close..much harder than kaplan) - so i decided to just rest my eyes by the break. BAD MOVE! I was jumping in my seat through the whole QR section.

anyway, here's how i studied....
I used everything..I used Kaplan for Bio..i read bio 3 times. B/n kaplan notes, achiever questions and Dat destroyer - I was set for bio.
didn't touch kaplan for chem or orgo

Those big #'s on chem are all Dat destroyer and Dr J's notes which i also read like 3 times... The test was much easier than detroyer. I redid entire detroyer before test day and test was a breeze.

reading comp i always had trouble w time...so i didn't bother reading passage. i just went straight to questions and looked for answers and still managed a 20.

math on my test was a lot algebra and fractons...thank goodness bc i'm more comfortable w that over trig..etc..

anyway- Abe, Eric you'll be fine..sciences were a freakin' joke after DR. J's class. I had over 1/2 left after orgo. I reviewed whole test again.

Congrats to Joulie and Paula...heard u guys also did well. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

210spring said:
PAT 20
BIO 21
QR 23
RC 20
Science total 24
Academic avg 24

ADVICE- USE THE BATHROOM BREAK! My eyes were bugging out after the angle ranking (angles are soooo close..much harder than kaplan) - so i decided to just rest my eyes by the break. BAD MOVE! I was jumping in my seat through the whole QR section.

I used everything..I used Kaplan for Bio..i read bio 3 times. B/n kaplan notes, achiever questions and Dat destroyer - I was set for bio.

Those big #'s on chem are all Dat destroyer and Dr J's notes which i also read like 3 times... The test was much easier than detroyer. I redid entire detroyer before test day and test was a breeze.

reading comp i always had trouble w time...so i didn't bother reading passage. i just went straight to questions and looked for answers and still managed a 20.

math on my test was a lot algebra and fractons...thank goodness bc i'm more comfortable w that over trig..etc..

anyway- Abe, Eric you'll be fine..sciences were a freakin' joke after DR. J's class. I had over 1/2 left after orgo. I reviewed whole test again.

Awesome scores congrats!

210spring said:
PAT 20
BIO 21
QR 23
RC 20
Science total 24
Academic avg 24

Great scores! Congrats. Do you mind posting your achiever scores?

Members don't see this ad :)
i didn't do all of achiever but i did sciences
first test in low 21-23 don't remeber exact score
second test like 18-19\
third test was horrible..i think like 17...
DAT much easier....if u use kaplan and destroyer...ur done. it is good to go through achiever questions too bc they did have similar types of questions

you rock!!! And you were complaining that you had no study time. A genius in hiding is what you are. Thanks for the confidence boost, I'm sure the rest of us will rock it next week. Good luck maybe ill see you in dental school...

Congrats on your AMAZING scores!!!
Just out of curiosity did you attend ramanos night or day classes?

i was in the morning class...guess that why i dont know who you are.
Congrats again!

Wow!!! Unbelievable!!! A few numbers on a computer screen simply dont do any justice in relaying what PERFECT SCORES in both Gen Chem and Organic mean. It is one thing to have learned and mastered all the material; but an entirely different thing to be able to execute your knowledge to perfection on actual test day. I am sure that Dr. J is beaming with dignity - you have truly destroyed the DAT.

Anyway, it was great to get to know you this summer and thanks for your words of reassurance - my test day is inching closer, and I can only hope to follow in your footsteps. My best wishes for you in the future - perhaps we will even wind up in the same dental school. :)

Romano reigns supreme once again!!!

210spring said:
PAT 20
BIO 21
QR 23
RC 20
Science total 24
Academic avg 24

Some ppl say it's good to read Kaplan Blue Book for chemistry section but I guess ppl have different opinions.
By the way, who's DR.J? (could it be me :smuggrin: )
awesome score!

First off im new to this site so whatsup to everyone. second, i did kaplan and im taking my test in 2 weeks. from what ive read kaplan is not enough so what is the next best thing topscore or dat destroyer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Woodson36 said:
First off im new to this site so whatsup to everyone. second, i did kaplan and im taking my test in 2 weeks. from what ive read kaplan is not enough so what is the next best thing topscore or dat destroyer?

welcome to SDN :love:
did you go to woodson high school in VA by any chance?

First of all joon im a dude so get those hearts off your face and no i didnt go to school in VA im from NJ. Any suggestions as to which program i should get to suppliment kaplan?

210spring said:
PAT 20
BIO 21
QR 23
RC 20
Science total 24
Academic avg 24

So did NOBODY attempt to verify those numbers? Look at those numbers. They DON'T average out!!! (29+29+21)/3=26. Total science can't be 24! SOMEbody's NOT telling the truth!!!

Bogus man. Completely bogus. No credibility to this fella. 210spring probably got 18's and 19's like everybody else. Definately didn't get a 23 on QR!!!!

SDN definately allows for people to lie like crazy. Half the people on this network get top 99th percentile scores. Yep. A place for intellectual lightweights to get Nobel Prize congrats and admiration from everybody else!

its not bogus ppl are getting high scores...TS is not an averageof teh 3 sections...TS is given based on a certain # wrong...to get a 29 in chem is 0 wrong 29 in orgo is 1 or 2 wrong 21 in bio is 4 or 5 wrong...to get a 24 TS is 6 questions wrong...i know this b/c thats what im gunning for lol...im just saying it is possible to get those scores and i have a friend who got it...is everyone on SDN telling the truth i doubt it but there is no denying the level of DATS has gone up...last year seemed liked columbia only interviewed ppl with 22 AA

jkh1886 said:
So did NOBODY attempt to verify those numbers? Look at those numbers. They DON'T average out!!! (29+29+21)/3=26. Total science can't be 24! SOMEbody's NOT telling the truth!!!

Bogus man. Completely bogus. No credibility to this fella. 210spring probably got 18's and 19's like everybody else. Definately didn't get a 23 on QR!!!!

SDN definately allows for people to lie like crazy. Half the people on this network get top 99th percentile scores. Yep. A place for intellectual lightweights to get Nobel Prize congrats and admiration from everybody else!

total science isn't calculated like an average, it's calculated by taking the total questions correct on the entire SNS and diving by 100... then scaling that to a score between 1-30.

Congratulations on your scores!

In response to everyone's comments... I could be wrong here, and I'm not making any accusations whatsoever. As stated in my Kaplan Conversion Chart:

Subject - Number Correct - Score

Bio - 40 - 29
39 - 26
38 - 24

GChem - 30 - 28
29 - 25
28 - 23

OChem - 30 - 30
29 - 28
28 - 25

I don't see how someone can get 29's in GChem and OChem. Maybe the conversion table is different now.

:idea:

aranjuez

egots said:
its not bogus ppl are getting high scores...TS is not an averageof teh 3 sections...TS is given based on a certain # wrong...to get a 29 in chem is 0 wrong 29 in orgo is 1 or 2 wrong 21 in bio is 4 or 5 wrong...to get a 24 TS is 6 questions wrong...i know this b/c thats what im gunning for lol...im just saying it is possible to get those scores and i have a friend who got it...is everyone on SDN telling the truth i doubt it but there is no denying the level of DATS has gone up...last year seemed liked columbia only interviewed ppl with 22 AA

okay, dr. romano. I'll take your word for it. so I forgot how TS was calculated. you know best!

wigglytooth said:
total science isn't calculated like an average, it's calculated by taking the total questions correct on the entire SNS and diving by 100... then scaling that to a score between 1-30.

Probably, Dr. Romano #2. I'll take your class next year. I promise!!!

aranjuez said:
Congratulations on your scores!

In response to everyone's comments... I could be wrong here, and I'm not making any accusations whatsoever. As stated in my Kaplan Conversion Chart:

Subject - Number Correct - Score

Bio - 40 - 29
39 - 26
38 - 24

GChem - 30 - 28
29 - 25
28 - 23

OChem - 30 - 30
29 - 28
28 - 25

I don't see how someone can get 29's in GChem and OChem. Maybe the conversion table is different now.

:idea:

aranjuez

Scoring's different every year. But the ultra high number of ppl scoring 99th percentile on here's ...vastly, vastly disproportionate. makes me wonder if my...35AA/44PAT/-12TS (eh hem, eh hem) is really legit!

jkh1886 said:
Probably, Dr. Romano #2. I'll take your class next year. I promise!!!

i assure you, i am not dr. romano. i posted my pic up on the picture forum awhile back if you really want to check. although i hate the perceived advertisement going on around here for the destroyer thing, there's no need to flame anyone based on what prep materials they use and praise.

amsie said:
we've already established that people inflate their scores...so quit worrying about other people and study for your own test. :idea:

I've taken the test already! and I got top 99th percentile. Thank you Dr. Romano!!!!

I doubt the scores are made up, but DAT destroyer is crap anyway, you don't need it. There's no other obvious advertising for any other product on SDN as there is for this thing. All it's done is make most of not want anything to do with it.

jkh1886 said:

TS is not an avg of the three scores. G'Chem = 29 is probably a perfect score. O'Chem = 29 is probably a perfect score.... See below

Can't find my ADA sample test. But according to Barron's...page 359 & page 413 Bio = 21 means 35-36/40 (i.e. 4 or 5 misses). Barron's...says SNS 95-96/100 is probably TS = 25 or 26. It's very possible the OP got Bio = 21, O'Chem = 29, G'Chem = 29, & TS = 24

^^^^ thats what i said and this khareh says im dr. romano...

I looked on bottom of my DAT scorecard. It explains how scores are calculated.
It says "The total science score is a standard score based on all hundred questions in the biology,general chemistry and organic chemistry tests.it is NOT the average of the three sciencestandard scores"

hope this explains things...

210spring said:
I looked on bottom of my DAT scorecard. It explains how scores are calculated.
It says "The total science score is a standard score based on all hundred questions in the biology,general chemistry and organic chemistry tests.it is NOT the average of the three sciencestandard scores"

hope this explains things...

Congrats. You got very good scores

Woodson36 said:
First of all joon im a dude so get those hearts off your face and no i didnt go to school in VA im from NJ. Any suggestions as to which program i should get to suppliment kaplan?

LOL :laugh: :laugh: