I missed my DAT eligibility window. Need advice. Thank you!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leealexco

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. So my DAT eligibility window closed on May 8th, I meant to extend it, but I forgot. I originally wanted to take it before June 1st, before the school application opens. I tried to start a new application for DAT, but my application status says"In Process," and I'm not allowed to start a new application. The website says, "This status may display up to 4 weeks after your test date as the Department of testing services completes official scoring procedures". I wrote to ADA, but I haven't heard back yet.

If anyone has any insight on this, please comment below; thank you. I know I made a stupid mistake; not only would I have to pay the $500 fee again, I might not be able to take the test in June. I wanted to submit my apps early, but now that seems unlikely.

My question is: I didn't take the test during my last eligibility window, so my previous application wouldn't count as a testing attempt, right? I'm worried about the DAT policy, which states, "Candidates must wait 60 days between testing attempts on the DAT".

Also, does anyone know if ADA can change my status and allow me to start a new application for DAT right away? (I doubt if anyone else has made a similar mistake, but if you have heard of cases like this, please lmk)

*Btw, I didn't register for a specific test date during my eligibility window(so it's not like I didn't show up for the test); I simply missed the whole window(I know)

Thank you all so much. Would appreciate any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone. So my DAT eligibility window closed on May 8th, I meant to extend it, but I forgot. I originally wanted to take it before June 1st, before the school application opens. I tried to start a new application for DAT, but my application status says"In Process," and I'm not allowed to start a new application. The website says, "This status may display up to 4 weeks after your test date as the Department of testing services completes official scoring procedures". I wrote to ADA, but I haven't heard back yet.

If anyone has any insight on this, please comment below; thank you. I know I made a stupid mistake; not only would I have to pay the $500 fee again, I might not be able to take the test in June. I wanted to submit my apps early, but now that seems unlikely.

My question is: I didn't take the test during my last eligibility window, so my previous application wouldn't count as a testing attempt, right? I'm worried about the DAT policy, which states, "Candidates must wait 60 days between testing attempts on the DAT".

Also, does anyone know if ADA can change my status and allow me to start a new application for DAT right away? (I doubt if anyone else has made a similar mistake, but if you have heard of cases like this, please lmk)

*Btw, I didn't register for a specific test date during my eligibility window(so it's not like I didn't show up for the test); I simply missed the whole window(I know)

Thank you all so much. Would appreciate any advice.
Oh boy, looks like you're in line with a other students who have made the same mistake-- you're not the first! Unfortunately, there's probably no way to put a rush on the ADA, so time to take a deep breath and practice your patience. Here's an idea though, you could try calling them up and see if you get someone who's willing to be flexible with you. As for the missed deadline, don't worry about it, you'll just have to reapply and pay the fee again. Look at the positive side, it gives you more time to study and get higher DAT scores.

Wishing you the best and keep us updated

Nancy Steen, co/owner, Destroyers

Here is a link on SDN from 2015, not much has changed.

Better to catch this mistake now, than possibly miss your acceptance offer deposit window for a school later on, losing your acceptance. Use this as a learning point to make sure you stay up to date with deadlines, there will be a few. So try to send reminders for yourself if you can and be attentive to the details. But look on the bright side, this does give you a little extra time to study though!