DAT in 2 weeks; Just Took ADA 2009 Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stillincollege

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Today:

I took my second full length to have a better idea. I took ADA 2009 yesterday.

Result attached below.

Reading: my biggest fear still. All strategies took excessive time. It seems the easiest way is just to scroll fast and find answer for each question.

QR: I guess I need to review some unit conversion. 7 wrong is surprising. It is worse than my destroyer experience.

BIO: weakest area...got a 17!....sigh...I read cliff...I know most of the stuff...why...:(

GC PAT OC seems ok. OC scares me a bit too considering I invested nearly a full month for it. Destroyer Here I come again....

Any suggestions or comments are very appreciated.

Yesterday:

This is my first full length. Result attached below.

I have been studying for almost 2 months now. I went over chad video for GC and OC and did the quiz; I also finished Chad QR section. I am 50% done with Destroyer all sections. Overall I feel comfortable with QR and GC. I feel ok with OC. I worry a bit about BIO and RC.

Using CDR, I scored one 15; two 17; one 19; and one 21. My method is to read questions quickly and jog down keywords, then read passage quickly and slow down when I see any keyword. This method made me improve on CDR gradually to a 21. Today, using the same method, I did worse. The questions were so lengthy and jogging down keyword took me nearly 9 minute...resulting in having to rush through the next 2 passages...so I just read passage first for the remaining 2 passages...Also, the whole passage is displayed for each questions. It was quite easy to scroll fast so skimming passage for answer was easier than in CDR. This worries me a lot. How is the real DAT RC like? Is the questions so long like ADA 2009 RC?

I am not done with BIO preparation yet. I went through most of it and took note. However, I haven't memorized most yet...especially phylum...

In science section, I got 18 wrong... I marked about 8 in BIO, 5 in OC, 0 in GC. I thought I did better.

QR...just hard...but a good practice!

My english is not that good, I hope you can understand what I wrote. To summarize: How similar is ADA 2009 compared to real DAT? Is RC harder or easier? My method for RC...is it suitable? Oh also, How is ADA 2009 PAT compared to real exam?

Any other comments are also very appreciated! Thanks.:thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• ADA2009.gif
    24.4 KB · Views: 168
  • Topscore 1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I didn't take the 2009 ADA exam but from my experience on the real DAT, each passage was around 12-15 paragraphs and each paragraph was numbered and easy to read. It was formated the same way you described the 2009 exam with each question at the top and the entire passage in a scrollable box underneath. What I did on for RC was read the first 6 paragraphs, go through each question and answer the ones that that I could, read through next 6 paragraphs, go backwards and answer the ones I could, finnish reading the last few paragraphs and finally answer all unanswered questions. This way, I would be at the next passage right away. I usually suck at RC but ended up with a 22 with this method. However, if your RC strategy has worked thus far for you, I would stick with it.

This has been answered numerous times but the real DAT is not like CDR. It is more similar to the 2009 test or the topscore tests. CDR passages are too easy and there are are way more tone questions. The real DAT is search and destroy questions.

Thanks for replies. Yeah after I posted, I searched and found out similar threads. I will do one topscore today to have a better idea. Be back later.

I have trouble with biology too. I keep getting 17-18 even though I finished reading and studying KBB and Cliffs, what should I do to make the difference?