Quantcast

DAT in 25 days!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fdat94

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say that I am F R E A K I N G out over the DAT.
I have a 3.8 GPA, over 500+ hours of volunteer work in dental/underserved work, attended an AMAZING dental mission trip, and have great letters of recommendation. The only thing left in the game is the DAT. I honestly do not know what to except, I've been studying for about 4 months now, here and there. I know the material, have made flashcards for each section in detail. When I do practice tests, I do alright, but the QR section I struggle a bit. I'm obviously not shooting for a low score, but knowing that I have tried and knowing that I have studied and understand the material, can I at least get an 18 on the DAT? I am aiming for 20/21AA.

Tell me your thoughts

puppytiff

Reaction score
Look at what you've achieved..You are doing GREAT! Good luck on your test :cat:

stoopidmonkeycatdog

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say that I am F R E A K I N G out over the DAT.
I have a 3.8 GPA, over 500+ hours of volunteer work in dental/underserved work, attended an AMAZING dental mission trip, and have great letters of recommendation. The only thing left in the game is the DAT. I honestly do not know what to except, I've been studying for about 4 months now, here and there. I know the material, have made flashcards for each section in detail. When I do practice tests, I do alright, but the QR section I struggle a bit. I'm obviously not shooting for a low score, but knowing that I have tried and knowing that I have studied and understand the material, can I at least get an 18 on the DAT? I am aiming for 20/21AA.

Tell me your thoughts

I took my DAT earlier today and got a 21 AA 24 PAT. I have a 17 hr semester and three exams in the last two weeks, plus midterms next week. I studied for around a month using destroyer and bootcamp, all while studying for my other school stuff. You seem to be putting in the effort, so I think you should be good, calm down and don't overstress yourself!

Btw bootcamp and destroyer are both harder than the actual test in my opinion, so learn alot of simple concepts as well as all the more specific and detailed facts, otherwise you'll miss easy questions.

Reactions: 1 user

fdat94

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my DAT earlier today and got a 21 AA 24 PAT. I have a 17 hr semester and three exams in the last two weeks, plus midterms next week. I studied for around a month using destroyer and bootcamp, all while studying for my other school stuff. You seem to be putting in the effort, so I think you should be good, calm down and don't overstress yourself!

Btw bootcamp and destroyer are both harder than the actual test in my opinion, so learn alot of simple concepts as well as all the more specific and detailed facts, otherwise you'll miss easy questions.

Those are amazing scores!!!! CONGRATS :)

Ahhhh I am just really nervous. I stopped studying destroyer because I feel like it's too hard...especially for the BIO section. How difficult was the math section?

super frank

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Ahhhh I am just really nervous. I stopped studying destroyer because I feel like it's too hard...especially for the BIO section. How difficult was the math section?
Don't stop studying Destroyer... E V E R.

Don't bomb the DAT either, or your 500+ hours and AMAZING dental trip may go unnoticed.

Likkriue

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Honestly getting a 21 AA is very doable as long as you keep studying! My dat is in two weeks so I know how you feel!!

stoopidmonkeycatdog

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Thanks! The math section was probably the biggest step down I'm difficulty, as long as you go through a lot of the DAT destroyer and the bootcamp tests you're fine. I am not exaggerating at all when I say I studied the QR section for 2 days.

Bio is the one you have to constantly be working on full time, I made a note card for every thing I missed and tried to fit it in whenever possible.

I'm in ochem 2 now and I think I'm a pretty good ochem student. I was getting handled by the destroyer. So I stopped using it and just trusted my knowledge, it paid off but probably not something you want to hear.

Gen Chem the destroyer helped a lot as well as bootcamp for getting a feel of it. I think speed is important. I knew I wanted to check my bio section so I knew time was important. I finished with 20 minutes to spare and spent that time redoing bio, unfortunately j think I actually changed some correct answers... But oh well.

Good luck!!

JLT223

DMD
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't freak out, it will only make things worse. Go in confident and know that your hard work will pay off.

nonociceptors

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You're not allowed to freak out 3+ weeks before your DAT haha. I think I spent <25 days studying all together. You'll be fine. Make sure you do DAT destroyer and DAT bootcamp. All you really need imo.

MahiMahi

Optimism
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You got this! Don't freak yourself out.

Good luck.