dat is finally over :))

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

starsbeneathme

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
it's been a long summer..

The Scores:

Biology: 28
General Chemistry: 23
Organic Chemistry: 30
Quantitative Reasoning: 24
Reading Comprehension: 23
PAT: 20

TS: 26
AA: 26

I read through cliff's, but I don't think it was really necessary -- I'm a bio major and most of the same info is in Feralis. I did do Destroyer twice, but I think what really helped here was studying Feralis's Notes..when you're reviewing, make sure you keep quizzing yourself on different topics (I used flashcards) - it's easy to forget information during the time span of studying. Used bootcamp to test my knowledge + additional study tool.

I thought this was the hardest of the three sciences. I felt really sad going through the questions because I wasn't confident on a lot of questions. It was a mix of easy and hard questions. Did have quite few questions on embryological development and a few on diversity. There were photosynthesis/cellular respiration questions -- very basic though. I felt like my test was a pretty good mix of different topics, not too concentrated in any topic.

I watched Chad's videos once (took pretty and colorful notes lol) and did his quizzes twice. I also did some free quizzes on topics I felt weak in on his other site. I went through Destroyer twice. The second time I went through it, I wrote down the questions I missed again. This really helped me understand where I needed to focus on. Eventually I did those questions i got wrong again (except some because some I never understood them lol). Used bootcamp to test my knowledge + additional study tool.

This section was pretty straightforward -- know basics. Much easier than Destroyer. and also, whaaaaat, I actually ended up getting a question giving a volume of liquid and asking whether to use a pipet or buret. like why :dead:

I watched Chad's videos once and took the quizzes twice. Did the same thing with destroyer as i did for gen chem for orgo. Destroyer is a must for this section. Memorize those roadmapssss. I had flashcards for every reaction I saw/didn't recognize -- my pile of flashcards were hugeeee. Used bootcamp to test my knowledge + additional study tool.

This section was pretty straightforward. Nothing felt too difficult. Know basics well - SN1/SN2,E1,E2, reactions, acidity, sterochem, isomers, spectro.

Reading: 23
I would try to read a Science American article every few notes. I did all five practice tests on bootcamp. When my test was nearing closer, I would practice reading Science American articles and writing down notes as I read (to build up speed). The passages were pretty interesting to read -- I had a hard time fully focusing cause I was trying to finish on time lol. I did not spend time trying to understand the content of the passages -- I would just write down notes on each paragraph and keep a look out for words that could suggest the author's view on something. A lot of the questions were in order, but some were confusing -- generally, the questions were easier than bootcamp.

Chad's videos were a good foundation for concepts. I did the quantitative reasoning section in destroyer and wrote down the questions I got wrong. I repeated these questions later in my studying. I did Math Destroyer tests 1-10 once. Again, I just wrote down the questions I got wrong and eventually tried them again another day. If I got some wrong again, I would try those again another day until I got the right. I had flashcards for different equations and problems.

Definitely hard to finish this section - I had to throw in guesses. Math Destroyer will prepare you well for this section. Skip time-consuming questions and go back to them later. Rate questions were pretty simple (compared to the destroyer). There were probability questions - some trick. There was also algebra, trig, and geometry, and some statistics.

PAT:20
I only used Bootcamp for this section. In the beginning I watched different videos to learn how to tackle the different questions. I averaged 20 on the 10 practice pat tests. OOH, use time during the natural science portion to set up whatever you need for the pat.

Keyholes: I felt these were easier than Bootcamp. A couple of rock looking ones.
TFE: Easier than Bootcamp.
Angles: Felt like these were on par with bootcamp.
Hole Punching: A little easier than bootcamp -- no tricky folds. Some even had just two folds.
Cube Counting: Easier than bootcamp because not as many cubes usually.
Pattern Folding: Similar to bootcamp, maybe a little easier. The shading on the shapes were a light green -- not easy to see lol

I only ended up doing two full lengths tests -- I'm glad I did because bootcamp repeats questions and sitting through the actual test isn't that bad -- maybe endurance from studying all day? lol

but yaaaaaas, i'm freeeeee

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
it's been a long summer..

The Scores:

Reading Comprehension: 23
PAT: 20

TS: 26
AA: 26

I read through cliff's, but I don't think it was really necessary -- I'm a bio major and most of the same info is in Feralis. I did do Destroyer twice, but I think what really helped here was studying Feralis's Notes..when you're reviewing, make sure you keep quizzing yourself on different topics (I used flashcards) - it's easy to forget information during the time span of studying. Used bootcamp to test my knowledge + additional study tool.

I thought this was the hardest of the three sciences. I felt really sad going through the questions because I wasn't confident on a lot of questions. It was a mix of easy and hard questions. Did have quite few questions on embryological development and a few on diversity. There were photosynthesis/cellular respiration questions -- very basic though. I felt like my test was a pretty good mix of different topics, not too concentrated in any topic.

I watched Chad's videos once (took pretty and colorful notes lol) and did his quizzes twice. I also did some free quizzes on topics I felt weak in on his other site. I went through Destroyer twice. The second time I went through it, I wrote down the questions I missed again. This really helped me understand where I needed to focus on. Eventually I did those questions i got wrong again (except some because some I never understood them lol). Used bootcamp to test my knowledge + additional study tool.

This section was pretty straightforward -- know basics. Much easier than Destroyer. and also, whaaaaat, I actually ended up getting a question giving a volume of liquid and asking whether to use a pipet or buret. like why :dead:

I watched Chad's videos once and took the quizzes twice. Did the same thing with destroyer as i did for gen chem for orgo. Destroyer is a must for this section. Memorize those roadmapssss. I had flashcards for every reaction I saw/didn't recognize -- my pile of flashcards were hugeeee. Used bootcamp to test my knowledge + additional study tool.

This section was pretty straightforward. Nothing felt too difficult. Know basics well - SN1/SN2,E1,E2, reactions, acidity, sterochem, isomers, spectro.

Reading: 23
I would try to read a Science American article every few notes. I did all five practice tests on bootcamp. When my test was nearing closer, I would practice reading Science American articles and writing down notes as I read (to build up speed). The passages were pretty interesting to read -- I had a hard time fully focusing cause I was trying to finish on time lol. I did not spend time trying to understand the content of the passages -- I would just write down notes on each paragraph and keep a look out for words that could suggest the author's view on something. A lot of the questions were in order, but some were confusing -- generally, the questions were easier than bootcamp.

Chad's videos were a good foundation for concepts. I did the quantitative reasoning section in destroyer and wrote down the questions I got wrong. I repeated these questions later in my studying. I did Math Destroyer tests 1-10 once. Again, I just wrote down the questions I got wrong and eventually tried them again another day. If I got some wrong again, I would try those again another day until I got the right. I had flashcards for different equations and problems.

Definitely hard to finish this section - I had to throw in guesses. Math Destroyer will prepare you well for this section. Skip time-consuming questions and go back to them later. Rate questions were pretty simple (compared to the destroyer). There were probability questions - some trick. There was also algebra, trig, and geometry, and some statistics.

PAT:20
I only used Bootcamp for this section. In the beginning I watched different videos to learn how to tackle the different questions. I averaged 20 on the 10 practice pat tests. OOH, use time during the natural science portion to set up whatever you need for the pat.

Keyholes: I felt these were easier than Bootcamp. A couple of rock looking ones.
TFE: Easier than Bootcamp.
Angles: Felt like these were on par with bootcamp.
Hole Punching: A little easier than bootcamp -- no tricky folds. Some even had just two folds.
Cube Counting: Easier than bootcamp because not as many cubes usually.
Pattern Folding: Similar to bootcamp, maybe a little easier. The shading on the shapes were a light green -- not easy to see lol

I only ended up doing two full lengths tests -- I'm glad I did because bootcamp repeats questions and sitting through the actual test isn't that bad -- maybe endurance from studying all day? lol

but yaaaaaas, i'm freeeeee

:clap:Congratulations!!! Mission accomplished and you are absolutely free.

The DAT is in your rear view mirror! You Destroyed the Beast! Enjoy what is left of summer and celebrate these scores.

thanks for the breakdown

Nancy and Dr. Jim Romano

Reactions: 1 users
Genius level status man congrats

"whaaaaat, I actually ended up getting a question giving a volume of liquid and asking whether to use a pipet or buret. like why"

---> From reading the breakdowns this seems to be very popular currently appearing in a lot of peoples exam Do you remember the volumes given

Genius level status man congrats

"whaaaaat, I actually ended up getting a question giving a volume of liquid and asking whether to use a pipet or buret. like why"

---> From reading the breakdowns this seems to be very popular currently appearing in a lot of peoples exam Do you remember the volumes given

really? didn't know that. the question was something like, "what to use for ##.## mL of ___ M HCl?" i chose buret because of two decimal places lol

Awesome job! High five! With all these 25+ scores this year I think the percentile chart will take a massive blow to the right haha. This is why I love SDN, being surrounded by incredible DAT killers that you rarely see everyday. Congrats again :)

Awesome job! High five! With all these 25+ scores this year I think the percentile chart will take a massive blow to the right haha. This is why I love SDN, being surrounded by incredible DAT killers that you rarely see everyday. Congrats again :)
Says your smarty pants :mad:

Awesome scores!!!!
If you don't mind, what was your study schedule like?

i studied for three months. the first two months were very stressful because i was also working in a research lab four days a week from like 10am to 5:30pm at that time. i would always try to wake up early and get something done, whether it be practicing pat or watching a video on chad's. during this time, i followed ari's study guide to finish chad's videos on gen chem, orgo and quantitative reasoning in order to complete them before the subscription ended (but accidentally ended up not finishing anyway and having to buy it again lol). I would take 1 - 3 days to read a chapter in cliff's and the associated pages in Feralis -- I would make topic specific flashcards on anki and meant to review them every day or every other day. i wasn't doing this and i ended up having to review the same bio topics a month after to remember. after finishing chad's, I started doing destroyer immediately (I didn't wanna do most of datbootcamp until i did destroyer atleast once). I made online flashcards for bio and chem, and handwritten flashcards for orgo. if i noticed i was getting a lot of questions wrong in a topic, I would write it down. lol then, i would spend another day trying to figure out this one topic, whether it be gases, ksp, acids or bases. i would squeeze a math destroyer test every couple of days (i made handwritten flashcards for math too). before doing destroyer again, i read over my notes on everything a lot of times. i forgot to mention it in my original post, but i also read through ty jacob's free chem and orgo notes. eventually i did datbootcamp tests, and did gen chem and orgo twice. i also repeated chad's quizzes a week before my test.

honestly just thinking about it now, i didn't have a clear schedule until two weeks before my test when i realized I need to plan to get all the practice tests on dat bootcamp done. i was all over the place when i stopped using ari's guide to finish chad's. but when i had a schedule near mytest, i used this website, www.cozi.com to write what i wanted to get done each day (it's some family organizer site, but i liked the interface lol). i recommend just making sure you go over the destroyer for orgo and gen chem twice and datbootcamp twice -- make a schedule for this by calculating how many questions you need to do in order to get all of it done. i wish i made a schedule earlier. also include in your schedule, something like "read for 20 minutes" or "practice pat for 30 minutes - hour".

lmao, I remember reading your breakdown while studying and having a heart attack. you did awesome. and thank you :)

i studied for three months. the first two months were very stressful because i was also working in a research lab four days a week from like 10am to 5:30pm at that time. i would always try to wake up early and get something done, whether it be practicing pat or watching a video on chad's. during this time, i followed ari's study guide to finish chad's videos on gen chem, orgo and quantitative reasoning in order to complete them before the subscription ended (but accidentally ended up not finishing anyway and having to buy it again lol). I would take 1 - 3 days to read a chapter in cliff's and the associated pages in Feralis -- I would make topic specific flashcards on anki and meant to review them every day or every other day. i wasn't doing this and i ended up having to review the same bio topics a month after to remember. after finishing chad's, I started doing destroyer immediately (I didn't wanna do most of datbootcamp until i did destroyer atleast once). I made online flashcards for bio and chem, and handwritten flashcards for orgo. if i noticed i was getting a lot of questions wrong in a topic, I would write it down. lol then, i would spend another day trying to figure out this one topic, whether it be gases, ksp, acids or bases. i would squeeze a math destroyer test every couple of days (i made handwritten flashcards for math too). before doing destroyer again, i read over my notes on everything a lot of times. i forgot to mention it in my original post, but i also read through ty jacob's free chem and orgo notes. eventually i did datbootcamp tests, and did gen chem and orgo twice. i also repeated chad's quizzes a week before my test.

honestly just thinking about it now, i didn't have a clear schedule until two weeks before my test when i realized I need to plan to get all the practice tests on dat bootcamp done. i was all over the place when i stopped using ari's guide to finish chad's. but when i had a schedule near mytest, i used this website, www.cozi.com to write what i wanted to get done each day (it's some family organizer site, but i liked the interface lol). i recommend just making sure you go over the destroyer for orgo and gen chem twice and datbootcamp twice -- make a schedule for this by calculating how many questions you need to do in order to get all of it done. i wish i made a schedule earlier. also include in your schedule, something like "read for 20 minutes" or "practice pat for 30 minutes - hour".

Thank you so much! This was really helpful and gives me hope on my DAT! I have about 27 days left and have been doing something similar to yours, except I made sure I did a set schedule (only because I get easily distracted).

Congrats again on killing that DAT !

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile