DAT Practice tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeltronZ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Practice tests? harder, easier?

Members don't see this ad.

This is what I have heard and from my personal experience I think agree with this assumption.

kaplan tests are harder.
barron's easier
topscore similar

When are you taking it?

to me..

kaplan easier (all sections)

Topscore: similar science, easier PAT, MUCH harder math

Barrons: full of error science, similar math, good but slight easier PAT, MUCH harder reading.

*Barron really have lots of errors, but have good PAT prep.

Members don't see this ad :)
IM taking it hopefully next week, im really just waiting on them mailing me the number to call.

On the topscore tests, they go into some pretty fine details of classifications, are these necessary?

Hey guys, i'm interested in buying practice DAT tests. anyone interested?

Hey tryinghard,

I have all 5 of the released old DAT exams as well as a few other ones that you find in books like Barron's and the thick Kaplan's ones. These total 8 practice tests in all. Additionally, I have 5 practice tests just for the Organic part alone and also lots of PAT practice.

The 5 released DAT exams are sooo helpful. I actually graduated with degrees in math and econ just over a year ago and went back to do post-bacc work for my pre-dent requirements. Officially, I've only finished one semester of general biology, one year of general chemistry, one semester of anatomy and one semester of physiology. I have no science background whatsoever!

I'm enrolled in my first semester of O-chem right now. But I decided that I didn't want to wait another year to finish O-chem and THEN take the DAT, so I studied for about eight weeks this past summer and taught myself everything I needed to know in O-Chem and Bio. The tests are so representative of the real DAT -I scored 23 on OChem and 21 on Bio (both scores over 97th percentile!). Overall I scored an academic average of 22 and PAT of 20.

I can't tell you enough how helpful these tests were...I seriously was scoring 15's and 16's in the organic and bio parts before I got them.

That's it about me...let me know if you're interested. See ya!;)

Where did you get the old DAT test?

I bought the old tests from someone on this board a while back for $200...at the time it seemed like an enormous sum of money to pay just for exams and PAT practice, but it was so worth every penny. In retrospect, I would've paid more if I had to to get my hands on these tests.

Anyhow...lots of people have emailed me about buying them, so I'll just post that information here...I'm selling all the exams plus tons of PAT practice stuff plus 5 practice ochem tests and 1 gchem test (that I acquired while studying) for $100 plus whatever it costs to ship to you (no more than $10 probably).

Feel free to PM or email me if you're interested or if you have any more questions!