DAT results are in

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ems5184

Denist (future)
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First, thanks to everyone for giving me all sorts of advice, and helping to answer my many questions thus far. I really appreciate it. This would not have gone so well without all of your help.

Here are my results from the DAT last week

AA 21
Bio 22
GC 21
OC 21
PA 17
QR 21
TS 22

With about a 3.2 GPA and 3.05 science GPA, how will this fair?
I will be applying next May. I also will have about 2 years of research experience, with 2 abstracts, and 1 paper hopefully within the next year or so. I also shadowed an oral surgeon for 80 hours this summer. I would appreciate any input.

My opinions of the test:

Bio - pretty straightforward, I had a lot of circulatory system questions, but nothing too bad. Taxonomy questions were basic, nothing to worry about, but I did prepare a lot for it. Around 18s or so on Topscore, got 22 on real one.

GC - Actually had quite a bit of problems that required you to have formulas memorized (i.e. boiling pt elevation, Kc, etc.). Around 19 or so on Topscore, 21 on real one.

OC - Lot of SN2/SN1/E1/E2 as others stated. I had one weird one asking for the synthesis of ammonia gas, I had no clue so I had to guess. Other than that, I say really learn the stereochemistry and carbohydrate chemistry, I had quite a few questions on these. 17-18 on Topscore, 21 on real one.

PAT - monitors were not so good, but I thought I did a lot worse. Just do a lot of practice, and hope the questions arent too bad, thats about all you can do for these. On topscore I had 16, 17, 20, so my score didnt change much, I was expecting lower.

RC - Passages on asteroids, x-ray technology advancements, and glutamate neurotransmission. Decent mix of word for word questions and many about interpreting what the author wanted, or what sentence is best to end the passage, etc. Consistent with topscore scores.

QR - I'm actually kinda surprised I only got a 21, but not bad. Timing is key, just practice topscore and you'll be fine. I was getting like 23-24 on Topscore, but not much of a drop, I was rushing through the last few questions on the real DAT.

Members don't see this ad.

You have very good, very consistent scores and I feel they will make up for your slightly lower gpa (it's not terribly bad anyway). Combined with your extra-curricular activities you'll get into several places. Best of luck! :luck:

Good job ems5184 :clap:
You will get interview calls soon.
Best of Luck
:thumbup:

ems5184 said:
First, thanks to everyone for giving me all sorts of advice, and helping to answer my many questions thus far. I really appreciate it. This would not have gone so well without all of your help.

Here are my results from the DAT last week

AA 21
Bio 22
GC 21
OC 21
PA 17
QR 21
TS 22

With about a 3.2 GPA and 3.05 science GPA, how will this fair?
I will be applying next May. I also will have about 2 years of research experience, with 2 abstracts, and 1 paper hopefully within the next year or so. I also shadowed an oral surgeon for 80 hours this summer. I would appreciate any input.

My opinions of the test:

Bio - pretty straightforward, I had a lot of circulatory system questions, but nothing too bad. Taxonomy questions were basic, nothing to worry about, but I did prepare a lot for it. Around 18s or so on Topscore, got 22 on real one.

GC - Actually had quite a bit of problems that required you to have formulas memorized (i.e. boiling pt elevation, Kc, etc.). Around 19 or so on Topscore, 21 on real one.

OC - Lot of SN2/SN1/E1/E2 as others stated. I had one weird one asking for the synthesis of ammonia gas, I had no clue so I had to guess. Other than that, I say really learn the stereochemistry and carbohydrate chemistry, I had quite a few questions on these. 17-18 on Topscore, 21 on real one.

PAT - monitors were not so good, but I thought I did a lot worse. Just do a lot of practice, and hope the questions arent too bad, thats about all you can do for these. On topscore I had 16, 17, 20, so my score didnt change much, I was expecting lower.

RC - Passages on asteroids, x-ray technology advancements, and glutamate neurotransmission. Decent mix of word for word questions and many about interpreting what the author wanted, or what sentence is best to end the passage, etc. Consistent with topscore scores.

QR - I'm actually kinda surprised I only got a 21, but not bad. Timing is key, just practice topscore and you'll be fine. I was getting like 23-24 on Topscore, but not much of a drop, I was rushing through the last few questions on the real DAT.

Wonderful...enjoy yourself in dental school. :thumbup: