DAT Retake Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ericforeplay

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
I m a Junior in college and I took my DAT today
I would love to get some advices on what i should do.
My score is as followed

PAT: 22
QR: 23
RC: 21
GC: 19
OC: 23
Bio: 19

TS: 20
AA: 21

I have 3.83 GPA and 3.88 sGPA and will be applying broadly to private schools and UC schools. I was hoping to apply top schools like Columbia or UPenn but I think low scores in GC and Bio will hurt me. I m thinking of retaking on January if I have to but I m not sure if I rather should focus on GPA, volunteering, extracurricular activity etc,. It would be great if you guys leave any opinion.

Thank you to anyone who gives input appreciate it in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys
My score is as followed

I have 3.83 GPA and 3.88 sGPA and will be applying broadly to private schools and UC schools. I was hoping to apply top schools like Columbia or UPenn but I think low scores in GC and Bio will hurt me. I m thinking of retaking on January if I have to but I m not sure if I rather should focus on GPA, volunteering, extracurricular activity etc,. It would be great if you guys leave any opinion.

Why would you retake with those scores and GPA? Just concentrate on finishing up your undergrad and maybe get started on your personal statement.

Reactions: 1 user
A 21 is a fine score and pair with a 3.8 you have an awesome shot. I think California schools unless you are a CA resident and the Ivy’s are out of reach though.

Hey guys
My score is as followed

Congratulations! Excellent and very consistent scores, no low scores. Your very high GPA will open the door to a lot of schools and proves you are are an excellent student that could handle the rigors of dental school. If Columbia and UPenn are your dream schools, why not get in touch with directly with your stats.

Wishing you the best.. Nancy