DAT retake and applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

p1526

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hello!

I took the DAT in January 2018. I studied during the summer of 2017, but was quick to forget most of the information during the semester. I then studied for about 3 weeks during winter break and took it the beginning of January. I am not content with the score I earned, and want to retake it and apply to schools this upcoming cycle.

If I were to apply first (June 1st) and then retake the DAT later on (late July), would schools make a decision based on my first score, or would they wait for my new score to be updated?

Thanks!