DAT Retake... Need Some Orgo Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MF235129

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finished my DAT a few weeks ago and had the following breakdown...

PAT:19
QR: 18
RC: 22
BIO: 21
GC: 18
OC: 17
TS: 18
AA: 19

Although I am exhausted from the past few months of studying, I have decided to retake. I feel I am somewhat comfortable with everything except for the chemistries. I used destroyer and kaplan's white book to study this past time around. Does anyone have any advice on any better study books, or how to better prepare for the next time around.

Members don't see this ad.

I know the roadmaps, but I'm not 100% with all the mechanisms of each reaction.

I also used topscore, but I only purchased it the week before the test and only completed one of the full practice tests.

whats your GPA? I almost don't know if you would want to re-take. Granted you may not have gotten 22's accross the exam like many SDN'ers do, but you did not fall below any of the cutoff's i have seen. If you do retake you will have to wait 90 days pushing you into October. You will be late in the review process. You would have to do extremely well on your DAT to counteract being late in the application process. But hey this is just my 2 cents so take it lightly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well was the DAT asking you about mechanisms?

What aspect of the test do you think tripped you up?

I finished my DAT a few weeks ago and had the following breakdown...

PAT:19
QR: 18
RC: 22
BIO: 21
GC: 18
OC: 17
TS: 18
AA: 19

Although I am exhausted from the past few months of studying, I have decided to retake. I feel I am somewhat comfortable with everything except for the chemistries. I used destroyer and kaplan's white book to study this past time around. Does anyone have any advice on any better study books, or how to better prepare for the next time around.

i think destroyer is good as well as achiever, topscore. For me, every time if i got the question wrong, i always refer to my textbook and try to understand it, not memorize it.
Doing a lot of practice exam is always help.