DAT scores for lower GPAs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myameena

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about DAT scores for those of us who are in the lower GPA range. My GPA - if I get an "A" in my physics and ochem - will be around 3.02 cumulative and 3.22 science. Don't laugh.. :( And I have a Master's degree that is included. So what are competitive DAT scores for me and those like me? Be realistic now....don't tell me 27 or somethin funky like that.

Members don't see this ad.

Mya:

I would say that your science GPA is right around the average mark for matriculants. To make yourself competitive, I would try to shoot for 20's on each of the sections of the DAT.

Good luck!

My GPA is ~2.9 Science/3.3 Overall. DAT- lowest score 20 highest score 22. 5 interviews. 4 schools accepted- U of Mich, U of Detroit, Case, and Nova. 1 school waitlisted. Damn you SUNY Buffalo.

The general advice that I have received from ppl in dental schools who have done some adcom stuff is to shoot for the 20 and above.

If you do that, and get in some good shadowing, then you should be in good shape. Just keep that grade trend upwards and keep it up!

Personally, I'm an under 3.0 club member w/ a 21A / 20P who's applying this year. I applied real late (in Tejas), and am still waiting to hear from interviews, but I'm hoping to get some invites as a Christmas gift...

Good luck with it.