1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Dat Scoring

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by arpitpatel86, May 12, 2008.

1. arpitpatel86

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i heard some schools take the highest score from each category from each time u take the test...for instance if i got 20 in chem and 14 in bio the first time.....and i got a 20 in BIO and 14 in CHEM the 2nd time.... the schools will consdider it as 20 in bio and chem....how true is this and if it is true does this apply to all school or just some specific schools?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doc3232

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I have never heard of that anywhere, seems very unfair. think about it like this: you spend 1 and half hours on each science part so you get a great score on each single part but fail the other 2 and take the test 3 times.

4. JohnnyApp

Pre-Dental
    I don't think thats how it works. If that's the case, everyone should be able to get high DAT scores with a few retakes :scared:

5. uesider

uesider Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Pitt will take higher score, but I'm sure that they would realize if you completely threw away the Chem section on the 2nd try... I'm sure the "taking the higher score" is relative to each person's situation. However after sending in my less-than-stellar scores last year, Pitt encouraged me to re-apply and said they would use my 1 high score from my first try, so to concentrate more on the other subjects in my 2nd attempt.

Not sure if any other schools operate this way.

6. doc3232

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    If you don't mind. what was that section?