1. Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

DAT Strategy

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by harkkam, Dec 24, 2008.

1. harkkam

7+ Year Member

Well I'm going to take the test in August. Right now it's January which gives me about 7 months to study for it.

So far I've gathered a list of resources that I will use to practice for the test and then develop a strategy, on how to use that material most effectively. Maybe you guys can help me with that.

Here is the list, I have some things, and somethings I have to get.

Bio:
    Campbells Bio Txt BK
    Shaums Bio
    Cliffs AP Bio
    MCAT Examcrackers BIO (have)

Chem:
    MCAT Examcrackers CHEM (have)
    DAT Destroyer
    My chem txt book from school

OChem:
    Dat Destroyer
    School Txt Book
    MCAT exam crackers (have)

PAT:
    Crack DAT PAT

QR:
    MCAT verbal Reasoning (have)

Math
    School Txt Book

Test's
    Topscore Testing

A few questions now.

1. Can anyone recommend me any products that they found helpful that were not on the list. I need more testing resources.

2. Do you suggest I read one subject and move on to the next like, January brush up on BIO, and February CHEM etc... Or mix it up.

Thank you

2. AggieDDS

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Funny how you have all that MCAT stuff already.

3. chessxwizard

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Jeez, with all that stuff you should be able to pull 30's across the board. :laugh:

4. harkkam

7+ Year Member

i hope so :)

5. doc3232

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Unless you have a weird case, I wouldn't start studying yet. You will get burned out fast and in the end your score will suffer. IMO.

6. Sublimation

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    If you fully comprehend concepts that are in your text book then i think you should have no reason to use the test prep guide, unless you use it for review. Most of what you will find in the test preps will be a reiteration of what has been learned from ur text books. Depending on how long ago u took ur chem bio and orgo, i would start with the text book. Read them do all the problems in them and then when ur all done, go through and do the problems all over again without prereading. (master what you get wrong) it is alot of information to soak in but given u have 7 months then u should be fine. Im taking mine in august as well. Im using my campbell bio 8th edition text and thats all for bio. It is the reference book that they pull their Qs from. Destroyer is enough for orgo and chem combined IMO. CPD is amazing for PAT realy get u in the testing mode. Topscore is a must have. And take as many tests as you can possible. Condition urself for the exam, so that no matter what you encounter on D-Day you will be capable of properly handling any problems that you encounter. Best of Luck to you :thumbup:

BTW- Its never "too" early to study. We all have different study habbits, and therefore learning habbits. IMO you cant cram this in 7months thats too much time, if u try to cram ull prolly cram everythign like 4 times in 7 months. however if you feel like you want to "LEARN" not cram and regergetate what you learned i think 7 months will suffice.:cool: