DAT Testing for the 2020-2021 application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fredthomas17

Reaction score
I live in Virginia and currently we are under a mandatory stay home until June 10th due to the coronavirus. I haven't taken my DAT yet but planned on it early summer. Is there any information relating to alternative testing options amid state government COVID-19 orders? I believe all testing centers are closed. I am willing to travel to another state to test if the country isn't on full lockdown.

Members don't see this ad.

look up available sites on prometric. Traveling to a different state is probably your best bet. Tell them getting into dental school is an "essential activity" if anybody asks!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you. Just figured someone may have heard another update. Here is the information for Prometric for those who had the same concerns.

"As previously announced in March, Prometric made the difficult decision to temporarily close all of its test center locations in the US and Canada through April 15th with an anticipated resumption of testing effective April 16th. At this time, there is no deviation from this planned resumption of operations. Temporary closure dates for testing locations in other regions of the world are determined based on regional circumstances, and current information is available on our site closure page. We will provide updated information on this page as early as possible."

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all. There's been a new update on the ADA website regarding the Prometric centers closures, and apparently they're being closed until April 30th:

"Based on updated information and after careful consideration, we have decided to extend the closure of test centers in the U.S. and Canada through April 30th, with planned resumption of testing on May 1st."

Hopefully they'll be re-opened on May 1st, but with how the COVID conditions are nationally, I'm quite skeptical that they'll be open in May :/ I was originally scheduled to take it on March 23rd, and then rescheduled to take it May 4th. However, I am thinking of re-re-scheduling it for the beginning of June with the hopes that Prometric centers will actually be open. Luckily, there are no rescheduling fees during this time, so I won't be charged an additional $60. *sigh* Best of luck to you all throughout this application cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
1588342039761.png

This cycle is turning out to be a thing of nightmares— will programs not be understanding this cycle and push back their priority deadlines or review applications as they’re submitted without DAT scores on hand. I emailed HUCD about their admissions process this cycle and it seems like they’re unwilling to play ball with any applicants affected by the pandemic. What are those who haven’t registered to test yet supposed to do, bite the dust? I myself was planning to register to take the exam before the Fall 2020 semester at my institution began, but I don’t know how realistic that is at this point. I’m still waiting for the ability to set up a date and if I don’t find anywhere before school starts back up, I’ll be distraught... and irate... I’ll BE IRATELY DISTRAUGHT. Though, perhaps I should just calm down and wait things out.

This cycle is turning out to be a thing of nightmares— will programs not be understanding this cycle and push back their priority deadlines or review applications as they’re submitted without DAT scores on hand. I emailed HUCD about their admissions process this cycle and it seems like they’re unwilling to play ball with any applicants affected by the pandemic. What are those who haven’t registered to test yet supposed to do, bite the dust? I myself was planning to register to take the exam before the Fall 2020 semester at my institution began, but I don’t know how realistic that is at this point. I’m still waiting for the ability to set up a date and if I don’t find anywhere before school starts back up, I’ll be distraught... and irate... I’ll BE IRATELY DISTRAUGHT. Though, perhaps I should just calm down and wait things out.
you're not living up to your screenname if you don't

Looks like a lot of pre dents will have to take an unexpected gap year if it keeps getting pushed back

• Dislike