DAT this saturday (in 2 days)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Don Kim

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I take my first DAT in 2 days, been studying for about 2 months now.
I did Cliffs 4th edition, and went through Destroyer twice. Made index cards for the things I got wrong in bio.
Did about 7 tests in math destroyer.
In bootcamp I averaged around
24~25 for Bio
26~27 for Ochem
24~25 for Gchem
~25 for QR
~19 for RC
22~23 for PAT
In Qvault bio, I either got 22 or 25. (mostly 22s)

I also took the first free exam from DAT genius except for PAT, and got
Bio: 20 (this made me second guess and gave me so much anxiety about my preparation...)
Ochem: 30
Gchem: 23
QR: 26
RC: 20

Bio was HARD. It seems bio is endless and is impossible to master.
QR was a bit more challenging than bootcamp.
I usually do ok in Gchem, but still almost each time I barely finish on time.
As you can see the main issue for me is RC, I can't seem to improve on it, especially since english is my second language... I use the mapping method. Search and destroy just leaves me confused haha.

I want to hear some suggestions on what to do for the next 2 days I have.
Also, what do I need to bring to the test center exactly?

Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Bro you're good :)! You're around the same level as me in math; you've got to be really careful!! Honestly in practice tests 90% of my mistakes were incredibly stupid and it probably came back to haunt me on the real DAT haha. Yeah Genius Bio really is kind of ridiculous tbh. It's def harder than BC bio imo. You've been studying 2 months; try to stay calm bro I'm pretty sure you'll do well! Just bring two forms of ID (credit/debit and license should be fine). Read my breakdown if you want to know my RC strategy :D!

Good luck tomorrow you'll do great. Those are really good scores for practice tests! Jealous haha looking forward to hear a nice breakdown sometimes after your test. Mines coming up too so I fee you!

Good luck tomorrow

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck tomorrow you'll do great. Those are really good scores for practice tests! Jealous haha looking forward to hear a nice breakdown sometimes after your test. Mines coming up too so I fee you!

Good luck tomorrow
Thanks! Haha yeah, but at the same time I always have the fear that I am missing something. Especially after taking 2009 ADA, and Qvault biology tests (I averaged lower than bootcamp here). But yeah, its tomorrow, so just have to stay positive :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha I suppose you can never feel ready like feralis said but you can feel like you're prepared since you studied everything. The core is all in our head and with the practice you've done I really think you'll do amazing. Yeah datqvault is difficult I hear 1-2 points lower than what people actually do on real DAT. If you reviewed the wrong questions you're probably good. And DAT2009 kind of annoys me. Full of mistakes for bio and kind of stupid math. Like why would such a test be out there? But I suppose it's fine cause everyone says math is easier than the 2009.

You'll do great tomorrow. You've got this ;)

Stay calm and don't panic you've got this! Fellow math nerd please avenge me and get a 30 on that section too (I didn't get it but I want you to!) haha xD!