MD & DO Date to submit ERAS by (this year)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shoenberg3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am wondering what date should be my goal in submitting ERAS.

From previous years' threads, it seemed like Sep 29 is the "first date" that you should send it in.
But, I have also read that programs don't start viewing the application until Oct 21.

It appears that this discrepancy may be due to the fact that recently COVID has altered the schedule. I also heard that we won't know the exact timeline for this application cycle until May.

Can someone tell me historically what was the first date that residency programs can view your app? That is what was it usually, and what was it for last two years? And of course any prediction for this year.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Everybody usually submit by the deadline set by ERAS every year. DON'T SUBMIT AFTER THE DEADLINE! That puts your application at a serious disadvantage.

Edit: by deadline I mean the last day you can submit before applications get released to programs. You want programs to receive your app on the very first day.

Hello,
I am wondering what date should be my goal in submitting ERAS.

From previous years' threads, it seemed like Sep 29 is the "first date" that you should send it in.
But, I have also read that programs don't start viewing the application until Oct 21.

It appears that this discrepancy may be due to the fact that recently COVID has altered the schedule. I also heard that we won't know the exact timeline for this application cycle until May.

Can someone tell me historically what was the first date that residency programs can view your app? That is what was it usually, and what was it for last two years? And of course any prediction for this year.

Thank you
Submit Sep 29 (or this year's equivalent). If other stuff needs to flow in (like LORs, etc.) so be it. Submit that day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Appreciate it. Do you know if everything from 9/7 to 9/27 is timestamped the same as well, yes? I can’t find any information on this..
It doesn't matter. They will presumably sort by some metric (i.e. step 2 score, number of pubs, school of origin, etc) rather than time stamp.

You should submit sometime after 9/7 and before 9/28. Do not be the person who submits on 9/7 and then realizes they had a hundred typos or forgot their personal statement. Also do not be the person who is frantically mashing submit on 9/29 at 2am because the system has been crashing all day.

Reactions: 2 users