Dating as a nontrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At the time, I didn't really understand what my TA was going through as a graduate student while his peers were in good careers.

The real question is where can we meet single post-bacc ladies?

Members don't see this ad.

When I was a non-trad undergrad my ability to find a date through normal collegiate means was pretty hopeless, so I went to that online dating site where you can find a "match". I put it upfront that I was an older student, and that I would only be around for a year because I was going away somewhere to a medical school. I figured it would quickly shoo away anybody who wasn't interested, and leave me with those who were happy with something more transient. It worked well.

Now that I am in medical school, I found the bars near the hospital district where older (i.e. 25+ or 30+) people hang out and I have had fantastic results. People around healthcare seem to know the difference between a pre-med promise and a med-student actual. None of my classmates hang out at these bars either, because "they are full of OLD people, ugh".

I met my current girlfriend at a community service project though. She's a non-trad undergrad, lol.

Lucky you! By the way, that's my favorite drink. Is it yours?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any med students out there--bigger example of sh!itting where you eat: dating within your med school pop or hospital staff? Go.

astronomical said:
...where can we meet single post-bacc ladies ?

Truth?

Tutoring!! Smart men can get women.

90% of my tutoring students were female. Basically all of them ended up crushing on me. I dated 3 of them. The ex in my previous post...I was her Gen Chem tutor.

I never entered into the tutoring pool w/ the sole intent of using it as a way to pick up women. Maybe I was just good looking enough and smart enough to always get hotties. For example, when I was in my post-bacc, the Gen Chem prof recommended two of us as "extra help" tutors. My buddy got one gal and a guy. I got 6 ladies.

Revealed secret is, that it's pretty sweet. I even tutored in Basic Sciences (I'm a physio and patho savant LOL). I had time for 3 gals. By the end of the semester they each asked me out for the "how 'bout we celebrate dinner?" (guest list, me & her). At the time I was being a faithful BF and declined politely.

W/o my previously mentioned "contingency plan", there's NO WAY I could go back to that sweet gig. It's not like I can tutor clinical stuff. And even if I posted at the colleges or on CL to tutor, I'm pretty fugggin tired after long days at the hospital. IDK if I'd have the energy, or at least the smarts to tutor.

(Yeah, you actually have to know the material well enough to tutor!!! LOL)

Last edited: