Thank you for the advice! My parents taught me to always judge a person by their individual character and not by their race, your own perceived notions of their religion, etc. But it is just. so. hard when I can't turn to anyone in the African American community (for being a sell-out and "not black") and I can't turn to anyone in the white community (I always feel that regardless of what I do, even if I'm the best doctor in whatever field I go into, that they will always look down on me and just barely tolerate me). Throw in the dating issues that I mentioned and you'll see that I'm pretty much left on an island. Thank God that I have my parents, siblings, faith, and other activities that I do outside of medical school, otherwise it would be tough getting through the days.
Dude. That sucks.
I think I understand what you mean. There's sort of a vapid and narrow sexual marketability in the docile safety of white suburban badlands.
Black nerds might not slay so much poontang here. The ones I see that seem to make out OK are just exceptionally handsome and well muscled or look like the just pledged a white fraternity at Georgetown.
Boring as it is. It's relatively neutral territory for me. Like the working class asian neighborhood I lived for a decade in Cali. Nobody cares, so, perfect.
But from your angle. As a single dude. That's tough. I won't pretend that for most of your prospects in wonderbreadville you're anything but a kinky experiment. And the less you rap or dunk the worse off you are at fulfilling that fantasy. Even now. We lack enough experience with each other to be more than 2-dimensional characters for the most part. And it's lonely skating the borders of both.
This is the real **** in america. Droves of foolish suckers pulling the ballot for hope and change. And then everyone goes back to their side of the tracks and **** keeps getting worse.
And worse is what it will get. I used to think things might get better. And they might in some respects. But it's also getting tribal out here in America. As people figure out they can't afford the stupid crap they lust after. And soldiers realize that their skills qualify them to stand in line for a seasonal walmart job.
A vast dark and and bitter storm lurks on the horizon. And what do you think that means for "zebras." As some random dude call my wife and I. It means that in a Katrina like scenario, if we're on the wrong side of where the cops decide to draw the line. We're f'd.
What you got to say about that Sharpton. Oprah. That my wife gets treated like a $5 hooker by black men because she's a black woman walking down the street on the black side of town.
Soundbyte that **** mf'er.
I think racial purists might be the smarter ones given what's comin.
As for me. I'm getting to neutral territory as fast as I can get there. And training up in the skilled use of an assault rifle.
I just don't feel rosy about the social experiment of locking millions of brown men up in jail and clingin to jesus and my HD television set for salvation.
I'll take my chances with loaded clips. And more guns than any one man needs.