Nope, not in my opinion. I asked my parents if I married someone out of my race how would they feel, they said that there is nothing wrong with that but they won't attend my wedding 🙁. My parents are Jamaican and can be really old school sometimes. Remember, can't say all instead change it to most. 2012mdc stated that ALL is being too strict. I don't think a guy is too preppy if they are smart some of them can be lame but then again everyone has a certain type of personality. I am an ENTJ so I don't expect every one to act like me, that's too much. Too Pretty? No, I don't call men pretty, I call them handsome or GQ fine. Something like my ex-husband, Morris Chestnut, or my new fiance Michael Jai White 😀. (Of course, these are hypotheticals and I don't really have a relationship with them 🙁, unfortunately)
I don't like seeing interracial relationships because I always wondered WHY date outside your race. It doesn't matter how much the gender in your race gave you problems, that should make you stronger and a better person. It's like a woman whose been abused by her husband is now into women because of their past relationships or experiences. It's an excuse that is trying to be justified. No matter what, I don't know you will ever be fully accepted into that race's family.
There are hardly ANY good black men. I mean someone is goal-oriented, focus, family oriented, grinder, and who take care of theirs. It's hard to find in my opinion. It's like finding a perfect pants; I mean everything perfect down to the waist to the seams. To have something perfect you have to design yourself but then again, No body is perfect and this is not Utopia. Also, most of the black men that are in school are Africans or Caribbean not really African-Americans.
I think the best place to find a mate is through conferences such as ABCRMS and Student National Medical Association (SNMA) Conference. Next year, SNMA is in Hotlanta. lol, I heard this from one of my friends.
👍👍👍👍 And I am a girl who agrees wih this somewhat