davidson's or kumar and clark?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Firza

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody, i'm a medical student from holland. Next week i start my medicine rotation and i can't decide wether to buy davidson's or kumar and clark. does anybody know the difference between those 2 books or anybody has any experience with them? I already bought oxford handbook of clinical medicine for when on the wards. I just need a good textbook for at home.

Thanx!

Members don't see this ad.

I love my Kumar and Clarke it has everything I've ever needed.

I love Kumar and Clark too. But, i think Harisson is better choice than Kumar& Clark and Davidson

Members don't see this ad :)
Kumar and Clarke is more European though so the epidemiology etc is more relevant. I find it easier to read aswell because I tend to get annoyed at American spelling.

For European/Brit medicine, choose Kumar and Clark, the information's easier to grasp as well,and I would assume that you would have to get this book called Oxford's Clinical Medicine, read it cover to cover. But for more thorough information, choose Harrison's. If money's not a problem, get both.

I'm annnoyed at Brit spelling..why oedema instead of edema?+pissed+

I recently bought Davidson's, I heard it covers the pathofysiology more in depth. Keep my fingers crossed :D

I have both, bought kumar and clarke initially then went for davidson's in my final year. I forget why I liked davidson's more... maybe it approached disease from a more clinical/decision making perspective.

Advising a medical student to skip kumar or davidsons and go for harrison's is lol material.

the language you speak is called ENGLISH:) spelling "edema" with an "O" is your heritage:laugh:

I'm Asian btw;)
Those Brits colonized my country and left me with an extra alphabet:laugh:

havent' read much K and C. I like davidson's though.

A little off topic, but have any of you guys used the "Crash Course" series of books? I just picked up the General Medicine, and it looks pretty good. I only realized it was British when they started talking about the oesophagus, etc.

Any opinions, or others in the series you'd recommend?