Davis?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fairyblastt

UC Davis class of 2013
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Davis has started sending out anything yet? Or when they might start? And if it's snail mail or email or singing messanger or something?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know ... I haven't received anything but the "your application is complete" email over a month ago. Hopefully we'll hear something in the next couple of weeks, since interviews are in late Feb/early March.

I saw a letter from Davis in my mail today and got scared, but it turned out to be some kind of survey ABOUT vet schools and how they can improve. It was addressed to Dr. <my name> so I don't know if that is a typo or my wishful thinking. I don't have a doctorate or Masters either. First thing it asks on the survey is where did I go to vet school and what year did I graduate. Just thought that was strange.

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw a letter from Davis in my mail today and got scared, but it turned out to be some kind of survey ABOUT vet schools and how they can improve. It was addressed to Dr. <my name> so I don't know if that is a typo or my wishful thinking. I don't have a doctorate or Masters either. First thing it asks on the survey is where did I go to vet school and what year did I graduate. Just thought that was strange.

well....congrats on the free degree you never knew about! :D

We have an interview workshop here on the 15th, so interviews will be shortly thereafter; I imagine that means we'll know about interview invites within the next week or two.

mtrl01
UC Davis Class of 2007, Chemistry

Hey guys,

Someone from my school received a rejection letter last week. :(

Someone from my school received a rejection letter last week.

You know, I hate the fact that hearing about other people getting rejected from schools I applied to makes me happy. I think it's less schadenfreude and more reassurance... If I haven't heard anything from Davis, that could mean anything at all. But if I haven't heard anything and I know that somebody else has already gotten rejected, at least it's confirmation that I'm still in the game.

But still, I'm not generally a competitive or mean person so I feel bad for feeling good... :oops:

HI guys,
Davis will send invitations to interview via email and they usually start in the beginning of Feb. Last year I was emailed for an invitation on 2/14. Rejections come via snail mail with a checkoff sheet comparing you to that years applicant pool. Keep your fingers crossed, but don't worry until Feb!!!:luck:

Thanks for the info, RTHA06! I'll keep taking deep breaths and trying (yeah right) not to worry :)

waiting for davis' email/rejection letter as well *SigH* i hate the waiting game! by any chance, did any of u guys who posted on this thread participate in their SEP program....link: http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/studentprograms/subpages/sep_06.html i know it's late to ask cuz the due date's past or whatever, but i stumbled onto it while on their site

Thanks to whoever posted an interview from the last cycle.

Has any in-state student heard from UC Davis yet? On the rejections thread, some out-of-staters already received e-mails.

I'm from California and haven't heard anything since they notified me of my application completion.

Best of luck to everyone!

nothing yet...good luck to everyone:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in CA too and nothing yet...

No news here either. I'm in-state.

I just love to torture myself... I am out of state and was perusing Davis's FAQ's once again trying to figure out when my rejection email will be coming and stumbled upon this... once again confirming that my rejection email will be coming soon :)

Do you accept applicants who are not residents of California?
A small number (7-10) of uniquely qualified nonresidents may be offered admission annually. Nonresidents admitted have an average cumulative GPA of 3.80 and GRE scores ranking above the 80th percentile.

I'm out of state too, and am looking forward to hearing anything, though it'll probably be a rejection email -
Also from those FAQs:

How much veterinary experience is required?

A minimum of 180 hours of veterinary experience are required to have your application considered for admission; however, admitted applicants have an average of 3,000-3,500 hours of quality “hands-on” experience in the veterinary field.

3,000??

I'm out of state too, and am looking forward to hearing anything, though it'll probably be a rejection email -
Also from those FAQs:

3,000??

well 3000 does sound like a lot, but if youve been out of school like myself for 5 years working full time as a vet tech, those hours add up quickly... I think I am around 10,000 hours now :) though I in no way think that is going to help me get into Davis... I figured out from last years statistics that they accepted only around 1.6% of their out of state applicants! I would just like some sort of notification from them... just so I can stop checking my email every 25 seconds :)

just wondering if anyone has heard anything since their initial round of rejection emails last week?? does Davis definitely do interviews? From their website it seems like they decide on a yearly basis to interview or not... though I may have misread that part...

Yep, they do interviews from late Feb-early Mar and a previous poster received their interview invite on 2/14 of last year so it could be anytime now ;)

Good luck to all! They've been hard at work building the new school so Class of 2011 will have brand new facilities to work in!

~Melissa

Still nothing. I guess no news is good news at this point, but last year around now they were sending out interview invites. There hasn't been anything posted on their website about the interview workshop on the 15th either. Mtrl, any scoop since you're on campus?

so i am a first year at davis and i have some insider news...interview notices should be going out beginning monday. the interview workshop will be held on sat. feb 24 this year (we've been getting e-mails about it for awhile now). good luck everyone!!!

Does anyone know... will rejection notices for people who DON'T get interviews at Davis be sent out around the same time that interview invitations are sent? Or will people who don't get an interview have to wait until April 1 to hear that they (probably "we," lol) are officially rejected?

Thanks for the info that interview invites will start going out on Monday. :) I'm just wondering if news for those who don't get interviews will be sent in the same general time period, or if it'll just be silence until April 1-ish.

I know some people from out-of-state have already gotten rejection notices.. so I'm guessing those of us who are in-state will get them too once we've been eliminated from the running, but I wanted to see if anyone knows for sure how it's done. Thanks!

Thanks hmarie05! It's going to be a LONG weekend for us folks waiting, I suspect :D

Thanks for the info about the interview workshop date. I hadn't received any e-mails about the date and couldn't find anything on the student programs tab of the davis vet med page. I definitely plan on attending!

Yeah, I just found out about the workshop date change too.....

the interview workshop will be held on sat. feb 24 this year

I found a web page with last year's interview workshop info. It said 5-7 p.m. in 1227 Harring Hall. Anybody have any idea if this year's workshop is the same time and place? (Yes, I could call and ask, but I figured if somebody already knew it would save them one more annoying phone call...)

It's 10-12 at Valley Hall

Hey All,
Just to let you know, this year the interview workshop will be held in conjuction with the interviewee orientation. So I think that you will find out more about it when/if you get an interview, I am fairly certain it will be at Valley Hall, and then there will also be tours of the campus and all that.
-Rell

interview notices should be going out beginning monday.
Monday = today.
Just pinging this. Maybe someone in the area will hear back the same day?
I need to know my status...

the notices will be email so no one has to wat around for snail mail

Just to let you know, this year the interview workshop will be held in conjuction with the interviewee orientation.
Seems like an odd choice. They're going to tell you what kind of questions to expect and what you should wear to the interview... at the interview? Maybe I'm misinterpreting something about what "interviewee orientation" means, or the content of the "interview workshop" will be way different this year than what was on the web page for last year...

Sorry for the confusion. Every one who gets an interview is invited to the interviewee orientation, which I guess is more like a meet and greet. The orientation is a thing for a few hours on that Saturday the 24th, where there are tours of the school, a reception and bascially just some activities to introduce you to the school. This year the interview workshop will be held on the same day as the orientation, but it should basically be the same format as the one from last year. I don't know exactly when the interviews themselves will be, but they will probably start the next week and are separate from the orientation.
I hope that clears things up for you.
Good luck.
Rell

Oh, the suspense is BRUTAL! :eek:

Anybody hear anything yet???

Nothing yet!!! Last year i received an invite on valentine's day...so hear's hoping!!!:luck: :luck: :luck:

No word here either. Good luck to everyone - don't know about all of you but this wait is driving me insane! :luck:

So I have a close family member who works for UC Davis school of vet med, and he said that there was a little glitch in the emails. They were transitioning from last years format to an updated format however, the new letter was not up to standards. So as of today there was a mad scramble in the Deans office to either fix the new email letter to prospective students, or use the old one and get them sent out. I know it is confusing, but thats computer stuff for you.
Also he told me that interviews will start on the 26th, so the letters are coming really soon.
Good luck to everyone, and hang in there, it'll be really soon now!:scared:

So I have a close family member who works for UC Davis school of vet med, and he said that there was a little glitch in the emails.
Oh. My. God.

I would *happily* take a badly written e-mail at this point, just to end the anticipation...

Agh!

I agree with Kate. I don't care what the format is, just let us know already!!:eek:

I GOT AN INTERVIEW!!!!!:love:

i just received an interview offer as well! wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

me too!!!

has anyone been able to call and get their interview date and time? All i get is a busy tone. I really want to know if I'm going to be able to make it to the orientation and workshop as well, and flying out from the east coast twice won't be possible for me.

Congratulations guys!!! I also got one too. Super excited about it.

me three! i'll try calling this afternoon... :)

Major congrats to everyone who's gotten an interview! <3

I haven't gotten an email. Now I just wish I knew if that means it's over (do they send out all the emails at once, in a mass-email format, in one fell swoop?) or if there's still any chance I might get one (if they don't send them all at the exact same time). And I wish I knew if I will be getting a rejection email and/or snail mail letter if I DON'T get an interview, or will I not hear anything until April 1? The tension is killing me. :( Even if I didn't get one, which I'm guessing I didn't since my email box is empty as of right now, I just want some sort of confirmation so I can move on with life and stop checking my email a bazillion times a day and worrying.

i also got an interview... out of state... yay :)

ive been non stop checking my email the last few days and for whatever reason, ive memorized how many spams were in the spam folder (probably by seeing it there 1000 times) so when i noticed it went up by one, out of curiousity i checked it... and there was my UC Davis interview invite :) not sure why it ended up in there... but at least I found it!

So just a question that maybe someone can answer... Ill be flying out from Boston and I am wondering what would be the closest and/or easiest airport to fly into? Also, is renting a car required?

And last but not least, am I right in thinking they have already picked out our interview day and we are calling to find that date out?

Thanks and congrats to everyone who got an invite!!!

BEST AIRPORT FOR DAVIS INTERVIEW

Congratulations!!

Flying into Sacramento would be the ideal choice. You could fly into Oakland if you were able to get a great deal. IMO, either airport would require a rental car. I would not even consider flying into San Francisco.