1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Day before meal and relaxing

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by ruraldr2b, Aug 12, 2002.

1. ruraldr2b

ruraldr2b ruraldoc
    7+ Year Member

What does everyone suggest to eat on Friday and what to do to stay relaxed for an alert brain on Saturday? Was thinking about a big steak or plate of spaghetti Friday night. Was also thinking about playing a little bit of basketball with some friends and maybe a movie.

Have been having trouble getting to sleep at night. Any suggestions.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Focus

Focus crazy!!
    7+ Year Member

Hey Rural,

I played tennis for 4 hours the day before...helped me get a great night's sleep!

- Focus

P.S. The morning of the exam, I also pumped some loud rap music, took a cold shower and danced around while I ate breakfast :D

P.P.S. I'm a dork.

4. Angeliqua

Angeliqua Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    In April, I took the day off work, went shopping, saw a movie and went to bed early, thought I was doing everything right...I got 11V 8P 9B. This Friday I am going to work all day, maybe drop by the departmental happy hour and head to a going away party for one of my friends that evening! Don't stress about it. I am much more relaxed about the whole thing this time, and it is reflected in my practice test scores. Don't get me wrong, I will very likely not actually participate in any alchohol consumption the night before. The morning of...now that is a different story. ;)

5. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm planning on going for a looong swim on friday evening. Swimming always gets those endorphins circulating and makes me really relaxed and sleepy. Then maybe I'll eat a bunch of pizza or something. MMMM!!!!

6. Rapid Decomposition

10+ Year Member

Careful about dinner though - don't go overboard. This didn't happen to me for the actual MCAT (thank god) but a couple weeks before, I went out for pizza the Friday before one of those Saturday Kaplan full lengths. Woke up the next morning at 3 AM with major food poisoning - couldn't eat or drink anything the whole next day until dinner when I had some salad (really just shredded lettuce with no dressing). Obviously I didn't go to the test center - I couldn't even walk! So don't eat anything too greasy or sketchy the night before - I think pasta would be a good choice. Lots of carbs.

7. Mudd

Mudd Charlatan & Trouble Maker
    7+ Year Member

It's a no brainer: BEANS!!!

8. Lavndrrose

Lavndrrose Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Beans? Why beans?

9. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member
    7+ Year Member

... yeap lots of bean so life won't be sweet for people who aretaking test with you.

10. Lavndrrose

Lavndrrose Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

:laugh:

11. Kry

Kry cranky
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Mudd stop giving away my secrets to everyone. :rolleyes: