ruraldr2b

ruraldoc
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
What does everyone suggest to eat on Friday and what to do to stay relaxed for an alert brain on Saturday? Was thinking about a big steak or plate of spaghetti Friday night. Was also thinking about playing a little bit of basketball with some friends and maybe a movie.

Have been having trouble getting to sleep at night. Any suggestions.

Focus

crazy!!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2001
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Hey Rural,

I played tennis for 4 hours the day before...helped me get a great night's sleep!

- Focus

P.S. The morning of the exam, I also pumped some loud rap music, took a cold shower and danced around while I ate breakfast :D

P.P.S. I'm a dork.

Angeliqua

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2001
Boston, MA
Visit site
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
In April, I took the day off work, went shopping, saw a movie and went to bed early, thought I was doing everything right...I got 11V 8P 9B. This Friday I am going to work all day, maybe drop by the departmental happy hour and head to a going away party for one of my friends that evening! Don't stress about it. I am much more relaxed about the whole thing this time, and it is reflected in my practice test scores. Don't get me wrong, I will very likely not actually participate in any alchohol consumption the night before. The morning of...now that is a different story. ;)

About the Ads

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2002
california
Visit site
Status (Visible)
I'm planning on going for a looong swim on friday evening. Swimming always gets those endorphins circulating and makes me really relaxed and sleepy. Then maybe I'll eat a bunch of pizza or something. MMMM!!!!

Rapid Decomposition

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Careful about dinner though - don't go overboard. This didn't happen to me for the actual MCAT (thank god) but a couple weeks before, I went out for pizza the Friday before one of those Saturday Kaplan full lengths. Woke up the next morning at 3 AM with major food poisoning - couldn't eat or drink anything the whole next day until dinner when I had some salad (really just shredded lettuce with no dressing). Obviously I didn't go to the test center - I couldn't even walk! So don't eat anything too greasy or sketchy the night before - I think pasta would be a good choice. Lots of carbs.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads