Dayton VA GPR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

3dot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any past Dayton VA GPR residents that can share their experience with me. Does anyone know how busy the residents are?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I am from ohio. i interviewed at Dayton VA, Miami Valley, and UC. I was offered positions at both the VA and Miami Valley. I decided not to go with the VA because though the faculty was great the 1 resident thing didnt sit well with me and other people who interviewed there, students who rotated through from Ohio State, and faculty at other hospitals in the area said for some reason it is kind of slow.

I can't afford to be in that situation. I want to make the most of my first year out. I have to tell Miami Valley something ASAP and have been trying to come up with something all week. They have crazy hospital experience but with that comes crazy on call schedules, at least once a week. I am interested in implants, pros, and minor perio surgeries so just trying to find a good fit.

Members don't see this ad :)
the 1 resident thing didnt sit well with me and other people who interviewed there, students who rotated through from Ohio State, and faculty at other hospitals in the area said for some reason it is kind of slow.
Thanks for sharing your experience there.

Why was there only 1 resident? I thought they had more spots, like 3 or 4. no?

I interviewed with miami valley too and it seems that they don't do much of fixed pros, implants cases

Hey 3dot and PDL:

I was also offered a position at Miami Valley and am highly considering it. 3dot, it seems like we have the same interests: implants and prostho.
I feel that fixed was the one thing lacking in the MVH program. However, they have the anesthesia certification too. I'm stuck between a few programs, and it seems like each one is missing a puzzle piece...for MVH it was the fixed.
Are you accepting your position at MVH?

I am not too interested in the program. Fixed prostho and implants are the future (I want advanced skills in these areas). I would be better off earning more money outside than doing the same thing in MVH and earning close to 1/3rd the money :(
I am exploring other options.

So you guys will not consider the VA nor MVH? They are my top 2 programs for the next match process. I want to stay as close as possible to Columbus.

But then again, if those programs have the flaws you guys say they have, I might save the cost for other programs.