DDS after BDS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Harshavimal

Reaction score
I am Indian student and a undergraduate in BDS.I like to pursue DDS from USA what are my requirements to study, do I need any clinical experiences after completing BDS and what financial background should I have

Members don't see this ad.

First you need to determine if you are eligible for student visa, then if you have enough money to pay for IDP program. After that you can inquire at a school of your choice what admission requirements are

First you need to determine if you are eligible for student visa, then if you have enough money to pay for IDP program. After that you can inquire at a school of your choice what admission requirements are
How to know that I am eligible for student visa sir.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am Indian student and a undergraduate in BDS.I like to pursue DDS from USA what are my requirements to study, do I need any clinical experiences after completing BDS and what financial background should I have
You’ll need to do 2 years of dental school here in the USA. Before you can apply to a school you’re gonna have to take the board exams, once you pass the board exams, you can apply to a school, once a school invites you for an interview and accepts you to their program you can then apply for a student visa. I don’t think they are going to give you a student VISA if you haven’t been accepted to a school. As far as financial background, you’ll need to show proof that you can pay for the program or you’ll need somebody to ask for a student loan for you. That’s about it.

Last edited:
How to know that I am eligible for student visa sir.
Contact USA Embassy in your country. Usually they require you to have ties to your country such as spouse, kids, property, job. If you are single, you might have trouble obtaining student visa. In any case - ask them first, because there were many occasions, when people got accepted by schools after a lot of expenses and got denied student visa

Reactions: 1 user