DDS from Canada or US ?

Ava palindrome

Mar 20, 2020
    hey! I'm an Indian dental student. I'm planning to go for a DDS program. Can you please help me decide which country should I go to? I have heard that dental market in US is oversaturated , and is basically a gamble for foreign trained dentists. Please, can you guys give me some insights on the same?

DustFreeEraser

10+ Year Member
    Oct 9, 2011

The situation you have described for the US will happen to Canada within our lifetime based on the trend of # of non Canadian school grads exceeding # of Canadian school grads.

To answer your question, it might be better in Canada for now but it is already saturated in major cities.

Lolo88

7+ Year Member
      Sep 19, 2013
      1. Pre-Dental
        hey! I'm an Indian dental student. I'm planning to go for a DDS program. Can you please help me decide which country should I go to? I have heard that dental market in US is oversaturated , and is basically a gamble for foreign trained dentists. Please, can you guys give me some insights on the same?
        [/QUOTE]

Canada is oversaturated also, the income is lower and taxes are higher in Canada. Canada also has more competitive DDS program to get accepted into.

Last edited:
        Reactions: 1 user
        About the Ads

oralcare123

10+ Year Member
        Apr 13, 2010
          In order to make a decision you need to consider many more things, then just saturation
          First of all - are you eligible for an equivalency process? You might not even need to get DDS to practice in Canada
          The cost of tuition in Canada is much less then in the US, but a lot fewer seats available
          At the same time Canadians are much more tolerable to immigrants then Americans. Dentistry is saturated everywhere. If you do not have US residency, just having DDS is not enough to get it. You might have to work in a rural area for less money for years before you get green card
          And then my favorite question - do you have enough money to pay for an IDP in the states and are you able to get student and visitor visa?
          Keep in mind that thousands of people with similar to yours circumstances are trying to establish themselves in both countries

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.