Dealing with anxiety?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chemdoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do all of you deal with anxiety? Fellow premeds, Orgo students, MCAT takers etc. How when you submit a test is your heart not pounding in your chest waiting for the score? Like what's the big deal if we don't do well? We never give up and keep trying keep trying and keep trying, right??

Please help me deal with anxiety. I've tried some counseling and breathing techniques. They're helping a little bit but... So how do you all deal with setbacks and disappointments? How do you fight anxiety?!

Members don't see this ad.

Call your mental health professional tje forum is not for medical advice

Reactions: 1 user
If you have that much anxiety, you probably do need to talk to a professional about getting put on something that you can take when you have a test.

I was anxious during the MCAT, but I think that's pretty normal. I'm also occasionally worried during final exams, especially if I'm sitting right below a grade cutoff and I want that higher grade, but I have to make X score to get it. Otherwise, I'm not usually anxious at all about tests, and not even for the MCAT did I get that heart palpitation-type feeling. The amount of anxiety you're talking about is way beyond anything I've ever experienced.

I hope you can find something that works for you. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Read Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman.

Anti anxiety medications. Seriously. Talk to your doctor, it might be the right option for you! Also cutting back on caffeine helped me a lot.

I would strongly recommend talking to a doctor or a counselor. They can evaluate your needs better than a bunch of strangers on the internet can.

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.