-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Dean's List
Started by serencavalier
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What kind of cookie?😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Top 4% of my school gets dean's list. Thats a gpa of around 3.95.
Originally posted by serencavalier
What kind of cookie?😀
Butterscotch chips....mmmmmm.... 😀 😀
It's when you're put on Howard Dean's list which is a list comprised of the people Dean wants to take out. He has Bush on the top of his list. Dean is evil and I hope Bush viciously beats him both physically and politically.Originally posted by serencavalier
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if someone could enlighten me about what a Dean's List is?
1
16846
Originally posted by mattorama
Butterscotch chips....mmmmmm.... 😀 😀
My Favorite!! Yes! 😀
Hey Wait... I made Dean's List every semester at my University and I never got a single cookie... What a &^%$ing kick in the ass... 😡
At my school, in order to get the cookie you have to forfeit your entire financial aid for the semester.
And you have to pick up the cookie two weeks before you are informed that you're on the Dean's List. You must bring the letter with you.
And you have to pick up the cookie two weeks before you are informed that you're on the Dean's List. You must bring the letter with you.
1
16846
Originally posted by umass rower
At my school, in order to get the cookie you have to forfeit your entire financial aid for the semester.
And you have to pick up the cookie two weeks before you are informed that you're on the Dean's List. You must bring the letter with you.
Sounds like something my University would do...

so I guess I shouldn't even bother wasting space on my apps saying I'm on the Dean's List--I'm sure they'll figure it out if you GPA is given somewhere...
Amy B
I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Every semester that I got on the dean's list is listed on my transcript.
At our school it is given for every semester that you have a 3.5 or above and have taken at least 12 credits, and earned no C's or withdraws for that semester.
I did list all the years I was on the dean's list on my AMCAS application.
At our school it is given for every semester that you have a 3.5 or above and have taken at least 12 credits, and earned no C's or withdraws for that semester.
I did list all the years I was on the dean's list on my AMCAS application.
It's 3.75 at my school... I think that is around the top 10%.
3.5 at my school.
Originally posted by Insert
It's when you're put on Howard Dean's list which is a list comprised of the people Dean wants to take out. He has Bush on the top of his list. Dean is evil and I hope Bush viciously beats him both physically and politically.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3.5 at Ohio State
3.5 for Dean's list
4.0 for president's list
Both have to have no F's and 12 credits
4.0 for president's list
Both have to have no F's and 12 credits
Originally posted by exigente chica
3.5 for Dean's list
4.0 for president's list
Both have to have no F's and 12 credits
It is possible to get a 3.5 with a F?
Originally posted by exmike
It is possible to get a 3.5 with a F?
Sure, suppose you take 10 classes: get an A in 9 of them and an F in the tenth...you'll have a 3.6; and with 10 classes, a good excuse for the F, too.
BTW, exmike: congrats on CWRU
Does this mean we won't see you at MSSM or HUMC? Are there any schools you won't be withdrawing from (assuming CWRU gives you a decent FinAid package)?at NYU's CAS, you need a 3.6+ with at least 12 credits; i don't know what it is for the other schools.
exmike, congratulations! you rock!
i've been following your progress since you posted your profile, and i'm sure you'll get into MSSM. how can they not take you? 😀
exmike, congratulations! you rock!
i've been following your progress since you posted your profile, and i'm sure you'll get into MSSM. how can they not take you? 😀at my school, deans list is 3.3+. i guess my school has the dumbest people (i wouldn't be surprised either, but i've made the deans list every sem. here)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 778
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 190