Dear Pharma Industry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not for 2002, dude. Look at the box like mini-vans from back then. It holds 7 people and a load of stuff. It has the most comfortable seats of any car I have ever driven. The ride is smooth as glass.

Not for 2002, dude. Look at the box like mini-vans from back then.

Don't make me put up the picture of our 2001 Honda Odyssey.

It holds 7 people and a load of stuff.

But do the 3rd row seats lay down flat?

It has the most comfortable seats of any car I have ever driven. The ride is smooth as glass.

Man... you haven't driven very many cars have you..

:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)

But do the 3rd row seats lay down flat?

Man... you haven't driven very many cars have you..

Drag out your picture meanie. I have driven plenty of cars. I have this little problem. I only buy American cars.....

Like there is that much difference between

This:
01.honda.odyssey.500.jpg

and this:

2002.chevrolet.venture.2128-396x249.jpg

When is your next regularly scheduled eye exam?

But the profit goes to Japan:thumbdown:

No. Worthless paper money $ goes to Japan which they need to purchase petroleum. This allows for the dollar hegemony/petro dollar to continue so we can enjoy the wasteful American way of life.

It's all about keeping American dollar the world trade currency of choice. To buy American in support of American Industry is a short sighted vision without regards to the real reason why the US military has a strong presence worldwide to preserve the petroleum trade in dollars. Japan needs our money. If they didn't, we would be in a heap of trouble.

Not ours..but identical. It may look similar in a 2 dimensional pictures. But there's no denying which looks and functions better side by side.

ody00001.jpg

Not ours..but identical. It may look similar in a 2 dimensional pictures. But there's no denying which looks and functions better side by side.

ody00001.jpg

Right, there is so much difference between the two models....:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe it's just because I'm 23 and filled with the need for adrenaline when I hit the road, but are all minivans so non-aggressive looking?

the words 'aggressive' and 'minivan' cannot be used in the same sentence. Unless we are talking about how much the latter is not the former :smuggrin:

Gotta have young ones to understand this need.

Why not get a chevy traverse - which looks awesome

chevrolet_traverse.jpg

I grew up in a station wagon and will probably always drive them.

When the Ella gets sold I'll be driving a Volvo sedan for the winter; but that's just temporary.

No,

But I was thinking...suppose if you were married with a kid...and your rents were visiting along with your siblings.. that would be 7 folks.. well, 1 baby seat and 6 adults..

I would like to see you put all them people in an SUV you like so much.

I would say, "Daddy, you're gonna need to rent a car for a few days. And I hope you don't mind sleeping on an air mattress. But I've got our fishing trip all planned, BBQ all set up, wine and beer in the fridge".

I would say, "Daddy, you're gonna need to rent a car for a few days. And I hope you don't mind sleeping on an air mattress. But I've got our fishing trip all planned, BBQ all set up, wine and beer in the fridge".

No can do. Grandparents always want to ride with grand kids..and they don't want to be driving.

The third row of a minivan is not really that comfortable for three adults anyway and if Grammy and Grampy are the least bit elderly or happen to be disabled or something, they can't get back there anyway. Minivans are nice enough for hauling around a bunch of kids, but they aren't really that great for a full load of adults. And the third row is only good for kids that are able to get in and buckle themselves independently.

The third row of a minivan is not really that comfortable for three adults anyway and if Grammy and Grampy are the least bit elderly or happen to be disabled or something, they can't get back there anyway. Minivans are nice enough for hauling around a bunch of kids, but they aren't really that great for a full load of adults. And the third row is only good for kids that are able to get in and buckle themselves independently.

In a hauling situation, that's why you mix and match..typically kids sit in the 3rd row...baby and adults in the middle..

How old do you think my siblings are?

No idea...

But in your situation, your hubby drives.. your brother in the passenger seat.. baby in the middle between your mom and dad or your dad in the middle.. 3rd row seat..you, your mom, and your sis.

No idea...

But in your situation, your hubby drives.. your brother in the passenger seat.. baby in the middle between your mom and dad or your dad in the middle.. 3rd row seat..you, your mom, and your sis.

What kind of minivan are we talking about that seats three in the middle row? I haven't seen one of those in forever. Not saying they don't exist, but all the ones I've ridden in recently have bucket seats in the 2nd row.

What kind of minivan are we talking about that seats three in the middle row? I haven't seen one of those in forever. Not saying they don't exist, but all the ones I've ridden in recently have bucket seats in the 2nd row.

I believe recent modely Odyssey has 3 seat middle row option. This allows 8 people seating. My Ody seats 7. 3rd row is actually pretty comfortable and very easy to get in and out of.

do you get a sense maybe I'm a little stubborn?

Z- Any must stop type places on the I-35 corridor from SA to Dallas? What about I40 from Dallas to Little Rock/Memphis/Nashville/Knoxville? I'm planning my driving adventure to North Carolina to go pick up my wife and kids to bring them back home. I need a memphis bbq recommendation too...

the words 'aggressive' and 'minivan' cannot be used in the same sentence. Unless we are talking about how much the latter is not the former :smuggrin:

Gotta have young ones to understand this need.

Why not get a chevy traverse - which looks awesome

chevrolet_traverse.jpg
The new Honda and Toyota minivans are actually good looking...maybe even slightly aggressive. "Swaggerwagon"...

Plus the traverse sucks...I test drove that and bought a Pilot instead...love the Pilot

The new Honda and Toyota minivans are actually good looking...maybe even slightly aggressive. "Swaggerwagon"...

Plus the traverse sucks...I test drove that and bought a Pilot instead...love the Pilot

My mom has a Pilot. Lease just ended and she's replacing it with a Kia Sorrento. :(

There was about $18,000 left on the car to payoff. However, the Blue Book was about $28,000 for the car. IMO, she should have bought out the lease and then traded in the Pilot for something like the Audi Q7 or the BMW X5.

Z- Any must stop type places on the I-35 corridor from SA to Dallas? What about I40 from Dallas to Little Rock/Memphis/Nashville/Knoxville? I'm planning my driving adventure to North Carolina to go pick up my wife and kids to bring them back home. I need a memphis bbq recommendation too...

I just made I-35 trip to San Antone twice last month.. I stopped once. Pit Stop and Gas. Aint nothing to see.... From Dallas, you'd hop on I-30 not I-40 (goes through OKC). For a small town, Texarkana is very congested. You might want to just drive through. "Little Rock is a fine town" said Lt. Dan [/Forrest Gump].. and that's where you'll hop on i-40.

Memphis BBQ is primarily dry rub pork. I hate it. I much prefer smoked brisket... which you can find everywhere in TX corridor..just look for BBQ signs.

Little Rock to Memphis is a chitty drive.. aint nothing to see there. But I've never driven past Memphis. I take that back.. you should try hub cap burger in Scott Arkansas...near I-40.

What am I trying to say? You don't need to stop anywhere other than to eat, piss, and sleep... you're going to pick up your family.

When you coming home?

I'm cutting my hair off as well - any ideas?

I just made I-35 trip to San Antone twice last month.. I stopped once. Pit Stop and Gas. Aint nothing to see.... From Dallas, you'd hop on I-30 not I-40 (goes through OKC). For a small town, Texarkana is very congested. You might want to just drive through. "Little Rock is a fine town" said Lt. Dan [/Forrest Gump].. and that's where you'll hop on i-40.

Memphis BBQ is primarily dry rub pork. I hate it. I much prefer smoked brisket... which you can find everywhere in TX corridor..just look for BBQ signs.

Little Rock to Memphis is a chitty drive.. aint nothing to see there. But I've never driven past Memphis. I take that back.. you should try hub cap burger in Scott Arkansas...near I-40.

What am I trying to say? You don't need to stop anywhere other than to eat, piss, and sleep... you're going to pick up your family.

When you coming home?

Keeping with this topic (kinda) - Had Brazilian BBQ this weekend at the riverwalk. Decidedly not Texas, but effing awesome.

What other BBQ joints / restaurants should I be hitting before I check out?

Well, I'm choppin it off soon for kiddies with CA. Think this is the 6th time I've done it? Not sure...lost track.

If this is Locks of Love, do a little research. It's not what most people think it is.

Keeping with this topic (kinda) - Had Brazilian BBQ this weekend at the riverwalk. Decidedly not Texas, but effing awesome.

If your willing to drive, Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood Tx...well worth the time...cash only

Be lucky you have somewhere to stop when you're driving through Texas. There are some stretches where you can't find a gas station or restaurant for anything.

Aside from that, welcome back stateside!
Im still another 1.5 to 2 months away from coming stateside. Thinking about stuff like this keeps my morale up

y'know.. Bill Miller BBQ really is pretty good for it being a chain joint.

Dallas has the original Fogo de Chao.. the Brazillian Steak House in Addison. Worth a trip. Do the lunch...it's cheaper.

If your willing to drive, Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood Tx...well worth the time...cash only

Being lazy and not opening a map - is this towards the outlets near San Marco?

Dallas has the original Fogo de Chao.. the Brazillian Steak House in Addison. Worth a trip. Do the lunch...it's cheaper.

Bill Miller huh? I'll check it out... The bill at Fogo's was 70 after a couple of drinks plus gratuity for a large group. Expensive - hell yes. Worth it - you bet.

Are you kidding me??? Bill Miller sucks! If you want chain bbq go to Rudy's!