Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I came across the old news of his death today on the internet. He died almost two months ago, from melanoma. I was saddened.
I met him in 1993, during an undergraduate summer internship. On many levels, he was my role model. He inspired me to go into medicine, and taught me much about life. I was not the only one. He touched the lives of many. If you are one of them, maybe you would like to share your story here?
For those who didn't know him:
http://www.nysun.com/article/35920?page_no=1
Quotation from him:
The question, "Why do children suffer?" has no answer, unless it's simply, "To break our hearts." Once our hearts get broken, they never fully heal. They always ache. But perhaps a broken heart is a more loving instrument. Perhaps only after our hearts have cracked wide open, have finally and totally unclenched, can we truly know love without boundaries.
I met him in 1993, during an undergraduate summer internship. On many levels, he was my role model. He inspired me to go into medicine, and taught me much about life. I was not the only one. He touched the lives of many. If you are one of them, maybe you would like to share your story here?
For those who didn't know him:
http://www.nysun.com/article/35920?page_no=1
Quotation from him:
The question, "Why do children suffer?" has no answer, unless it's simply, "To break our hearts." Once our hearts get broken, they never fully heal. They always ache. But perhaps a broken heart is a more loving instrument. Perhaps only after our hearts have cracked wide open, have finally and totally unclenched, can we truly know love without boundaries.