Dec/Jan: What % of Med Schools Have You Heard Back From?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What % of Med Schools Have You Heard Back From?

• 0-15%

Votes: 21 5.7%
  • 16-30%

Votes: 62 16.8%
  • 31-45%

Votes: 99 26.8%
  • 46-60%

Votes: 99 26.8%
  • 61-75%

Votes: 48 13.0%
  • 76-90%

Votes: 25 6.8%
  • 91-100%

Votes: 15 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
12 MD secondaries, 1 rejection, silence from the rest. So.....8% o_O

9 DO secondaries, 6 interview invites, 5 attended (withdrew from the 6th), accepted to 5. Silence from other 3. So 66%.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
First R today finally put me over 50%, bittersweet moment (mostly bitter)
Hey, you held out a long time before that R landed, nice work! Sounds like an overall good cycle for you, congrats.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Dang, what?! Talk to me schools! I mean, not until after New Year's though.
I suspect a lot of silent rejections. Overall, I'll be more than satisfied to go to my top DO choice, so I'm considering my cycle successful :)

Heard back from 15/30

10 II's
5 Pre II Rejections
2 W/D
2 Acceptances

19 completed apps, 2 interviews, 1 acceptance, 1 waitlist, 8 rejections, silence from the other 9

Still in total silence from 12 out of 25 completed MD apps - I've at least hit the 50% mark now.

Only waiting to hear from 9 more although I withdrew today from a school I was still waiting on. Completed most secondaries by mid August.

My count is 32 total: 11 Rs. 10 II. 10 silent. 1 withdrawn. About 66%

Wow I forgot about this thread and I’m still stuck where I was since December. Either schools are wishy-washy about me or the R train is coming soon.

Still in total silence from 12 out of 25 completed MD apps - I've at least hit the 50% mark now.

I'm right there with you. Still silence from ~10 schools; a mix of both DO and MD, however. I completed 24 secondaries.