Dec Mayo Interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GOBUCKY!

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Other than an email stating that your app has been ranked, has anyone heard from Mayo about an acceptance or rejection?

GOBUCKY

Members don't see this ad.

GOBUCKY! said:
Other than an email stating that your app has been ranked, has anyone heard from Mayo about an acceptance or rejection?

GOBUCKY

I'm not a December interviewee, but on mdapplicants.com, someone got accepted on 1/28 with a January interview.

Good luck!

That made me all depressed, but the person who was accepted 1/28 says in his comments that he's MSTP, so I'm guessing the admissions process is different. Also, he interviewed 1/21 and heard back 1/28, and judging by what everyone else is saying (and my own experience), no one applying regular MD has heard back with anything for at least four weeks. Anyway, there's still hope--good luck to all who are waiting to hear! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
bjackrian said:
That made me all depressed, but the person who was accepted 1/28 says in his comments that he's MSTP, so I'm guessing the admissions process is different. Also, he interviewed 1/21 and heard back 1/28, and judging by what everyone else is saying (and my own experience), no one applying regular MD has heard back with anything for at least four weeks. Anyway, there's still hope--good luck to all who are waiting to hear! :luck:

You're probably right - i noticed that too, but he didn't mention that he's mstp for mayo specifically.......but i think you're right, bjackrian. :luck:

I don't know if this helps, but i interviewed in october and found out i was accepted after 5 weeks.

good luck

i'm an EARLY december interviewee... and I still haven't received an e-mail telling me I'm ranked. should I be worried, or assume they're behind?

chumpana said:
i'm an EARLY december interviewee... and I still haven't received an e-mail telling me I'm ranked. should I be worried, or assume they're behind?

You shouldn't be worried. They took just as long with mine and other interviewees. But don't be afraid to ask them if it's bothering you - they're very nice!

I figured I'd give them til mid-Feb before I started getting too restless.

maygirl said:
You shouldn't be worried. They took just as long with mine and other interviewees. But don't be afraid to ask them if it's bothering you - they're very nice!

chumpana said:

i interviewed on jan 10 or 11 and got an email telling me im ranked...lemme check....jan 26. i dont know if you should be *worried* because everyone different blah blah blah. but i would be worried that they might have lost or forgot about your application...i dont know. im not like an expert but you might want to call and just ask when to expect an email about your rank in a very polite way.

Clarissa :love:

My roommate's brother interviewed there a while ago and was accepted with a full scholarship. He hasn't decided yet because he's waiting to find out what kind of $$$ help he'll get from Michigan. He is one of the few, from what I've heard, as my roommate interviewed there last month and he said something like only 6 acceptances had been given out total.

bjackrian said:
I interviewed in mid-December and was placed on hold yesterday. Sad! :(

Like I mentioned before, I too was waitlisted initially. But only after a week or two, they accepted me with full scholarship. So don't lose hope.

SwankyLove said:
i interviewed on jan 10 or 11 and got an email telling me im ranked...lemme check....jan 26. i dont know if you should be *worried* because everyone different blah blah blah. but i would be worried that they might have lost or forgot about your application...i dont know. im not like an expert but you might want to call and just ask when to expect an email about your rank in a very polite way.

Clarissa :love:

Thanks Clarissa. :) Sounds like they're making headway... I'll call on monday. Hope they didn't forget about me. One of my interviews went sooo well!!!